Any good FB groups to join for softball/ slowpitch ?

candian204

Looking to join some groups for softball on FB and also anyone know where are good places to look for deals on equipment like bats gloves and shoes?

BASEFACE20

you can hit up milocoman here on the forums with any items your looking for that the store carries, usually gets back to you with a great price.

jlee

As someone who does frequent FB shopping around the groups, Chad (milocoman) has some of the best prices in comparison when trying to get NIW gear. My suggestion is go through him, the guy does a great job processing orders quickly.

candian204

Anything you are looking for you can shoot me a message I will help anyway I can.
Alright I will do some more research on some product and let you know. Do you than ship to Canada and is shipping fairly reasonable? If nothing else im not from the border so I could ship it to there and pick it up across the line. I have done that before on some other good that did not ship to Canada.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Alright I will do some more research on some product and let you know. Do you than ship to Canada and is shipping fairly reasonable? If nothing else im not from the border so I could ship it to there and pick it up across the line. I have done that before on some other good that did not ship to Canada.

Reasonable no. 1st class for a glove is like $25 now whereas shipping to a border town in U.S is more than likely free. Bats cannot ship 1st class so priority is like $35.

candian204

Reasonable no. 1st class for a glove is like $25 now whereas shipping to a border town in U.S is more than likely free. Bats cannot ship 1st class so priority is like $35.
Alright cool. i'm eyeing they easton glove thats on sale but i gotta wait a bit as i just bought a new bat and shoes not long ago. Than if i order i'll just get em shipped to Lancaster, MN.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Alright cool. i'm eyeing they easton glove thats on sale but i gotta wait a bit as i just bought a new bat and shoes not long ago. Than if i order i'll just get em shipped to Lancaster, MN.

Sounds good we still have a decent amount left but they are selling fast be sure to PM me for board member pricing on the glove it is better than the online sale price too.

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
To be fair, there are rarely any deals to be had for Canadians on American sites. I wish I could take advantage of Milocoman's deals, but shipping, exchange, and duty will kill the deal.
Used deals on here can and do work out well though.
Al the FB buy/sell groups are just made for the admins to run raffles, effectively selling their product for a huge mark-up with no tax consequences

candian204

To be fair, there are rarely any deals to be had for Canadians on American sites. I wish I could take advantage of Milocoman's deals, but shipping, exchange, and duty will kill the deal.
Used deals on here can and do work out well though.
Al the FB buy/sell groups are just made for the admins to run raffles, effectively selling their product for a huge mark-up with no tax consequences
You from Canada as well? And i guess that's members selling to each other than? Wouldn't the shipping than still be the same as if Milocoman did it? Or am i missing something?

hitsone

I have found the cheapest way to ship to Canada is by USPS. If you use a courier service they will add brokerage fees. It will be the same type of lottery if you get picked to pay duty and taxes as they do at the borders. You chose ground it is cheapest but longest.
I also live near the Medicine line and have an account at a US shipping co. The fees are low but can add to the total. You then fill up with the cheap US gas (go down with gauge near empty) and dairy products, Costco shopping items and you are ahead of the game.
A nexus pass helps with the border wait times but is an expense and time consumer to get.
If you buy used you may be able to get an agreeable receipt or have it listed as a gift to help with the border fees.
Now if you have a friend/relative who crosses the line often.....