Anybody still rockin' a black/yellow craze?

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm still beating the hell out of mine, I estimated 5,000 swings maybe 2 years ago. I use it all the time still as a bp bat and when it's allowed in games, it was a team bat on a few league teams for 3 years, swung in temps under 40*, and it just won't let up. Best part is I only gave $50 for it used back in 2011 I think. Oh yeah, it's on fire

QBA-RCN

Getting older sucks!!
I just picked up two of them in trade. A 27oz B/Y 120 and a 28oz B/R 98. There's a thread somewhere that's about 50 pages long on how great the Craze is. A few guys put down that they have a ton of swings on theirs. After reading through it I had to find some to see how they are.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
If the stamps were not an issue, I would always keep mine in the bag.
ok, thats a lie....
If the stamps had not change I would own every Frezy Xtreme available, and they would fill the bag.

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
Glad to see there's still some love for these bad rascals...Mizuno was on to something here with the no-warranty idea, but they may not have realized just how durable they were, hell I've hacked at quite a few old school red dots and steeles sky hawks (grandpa's garage was a treasure find) with no trouble other than hiking through the woods to find them

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Never got to swing the old Crazes, the Canadian organizations never allowed old stamp utrip bats. But I just got a g/y ASA Craze, looking forward to the 1000 hit break-in when the snow frigs off.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Never got to swing the old Crazes, the Canadian organizations never allowed old stamp utrip bats. But I just got a g/y ASA Craze, looking forward to the 1000 hit break-in when the snow frigs off.

as a crazed just kind of the suck

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The craze cuts through .52 CORs like nobody's business...

My G/Y used to sting the **** outta my hands using .44/375s ;)

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
I have an orange/black. So I can't sit at the cool kid table but next to it.

Mine's a 29 about to be on the block.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
as a crazed just kind of the suck

My G/Y used to sting the **** outta my hands using .44/375s ;)

I just grabbed it cheap for some oddball local tourneys that only allow old stamp ASA bats. I wasn't expecting much from it, but judging from the few hits I have on it, it's not as bad as what people say.

I'll be gaming my Blackout for the most part. I'm glad I listened to you guys and took a chance on one, once it started to web, it was a different bat. Like I said, I never got to swing a utrip Craze, how does the Blackout stack up when they're both broken in? And how will it perform with .52's?

GrinningBear

I just grabbed it cheap for some oddball local tourneys that only allow old stamp ASA bats. I wasn't expecting much from it, but judging from the few hits I have on it, it's not as bad as what people say.

I'll be gaming my Blackout for the most part. I'm glad I listened to you guys and took a chance on one, once it started to web, it was a different bat. Like I said, I never got to swing a utrip Craze, how does the Blackout stack up when they're both broken in? And how will it perform with .52's?

Craze barrel does not get soft like the Blackout. It also hits the .52's better. And not because the Blackout sucks. The Craze just excells. You can actually feel the .52's squish a little.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
the craze stiff arse barrel does very well against 52s. bimmer uses his at sportsplex, which uses the crappiest 52 around

I use my red and black Craze against the regular F12 Clinchers which are widely considered pillows and it handles them well.

QBA-RCN

Getting older sucks!!
Used the B/Y on Sat and although it still not broken in, you can feel there's good times coming. Gonna use the B/R in my modified league on Sun and see how she feels.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 29 B/Y with around 4k-5k swings and it's a beast against any ball. Wish I played where the stamps didn't matter because I'd never put it down. Also have a 29 B/O with maybe 800 swings I got as a backup that never got used much except in the extreme cold....love those bats!

GrinningBear

My sister in law has my SB34. My brother got her a Z over the winter. Z is still in the wrapper and she's still swinging her Craze.