Anyone ever seen a black 585 Miken Maniac?

titanescr

Do most of you agree that it is probably an ultra? Especially since the handle in grey close to the knob????????????????????????[

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say take some bp with it and see how it feels... would be a way to see if the paint holds up as well, if its stupid hot and you have questions and dont want to use it then you have two options, either sell it letting the buyer know about your concerns, or use it strictly for home run derbies

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
Why would anybody be so dumb as to put a 484/585 endcap on a bat and then make it the wrong color?
The decal works also looks especially well made. ijs

Menace7

EBAY LIGHT up in here !
Either a painted bat with an idiot who put the wrong maniac decals on it ... or factory defect where they put the mega maniac decals on instead of the 484 maniac decals. Where did you get the bat ? ...... someone didnt just give you the bat, trust me. My vote is Painted bat by an idiot.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
ultra... some idiot was trying to make an ASA bat and accidentally put 585 decals on it instead of 484 decals.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
Either a painted bat with an idiot who put the wrong maniac decals on it ... or factory defect where they put the mega maniac decals on instead of the 484 maniac decals. Where did you get the bat ?

agreed... you beat me by a few seconds.

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
ultra... some idiot was trying to make an ASA bat and accidentally put 585 decals on it instead of 484 decals.

This might be the case.
OTOH, it looks to well made to be the works of somebody that would make such an amateurish mistake.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
This guy bought a painted utltra and got a black 585. He says, wtf.....bat doc says oops no refunds bud. Op comes on here hoping there WERE actually black 585's knowing if there arent his bat is worthless.

POW!!!!!!!

titanescr

I have actually seen 6 of these "BLACK" 585's. Now I can't tell you where they actually came from but they were part of a donation from ISF to support the development of softball in Costa Rica where I live. Since I did all the work to move things in in a container I ended up with this bat. Since I prefer the Miken bats and have tried several something smelled "fishy" right away because I knew they weren't supposed to be black. Stranger still since the bats are used I suspect they may have come from an NCAA program. If you look at the grip color maybe you might come up with some ideas of which one.

titanescr

Oh by the way I compared this bat to my Ultra Legacy and it definetly doesn't have the same taper. It has a taper similar to the RECOIL or a PSYCHO you know with the thinner handle. I never owned an OG Ultra or Ultra II so I can't speak as to the taper of those bats.

dabombbanga

CEN-TEX SOFTBALLL BOIIIII
nope for sure not a 585, rookie bat doc, got his maniac number series one hundred off. the 585 "usssa" is maroon, and the ASA is black/ 484! whoops see back to the sander and decal man, knuckle head, LOL great for BP, or getting banned from a league you dont like, LMAO

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
Ricans processing for the call of Costa Rica
Four hundred barrels of ether
Two hundred pounds of reefer
and fifty immigrants with fake Visas