anyone has any experience using "Pop Toss Green one"?

dunkky

There aren't that many reviews on it. Saw a few video clips of it, that's about it.

they are asking a lot of money for it, just want to know if other people can share their experience.

I also read a thread from other site, he saying it messes up his timing.

basilray

I have one, and don't use it all that often.

It's difficult to get it dialed in just right, where you get the ball traveling far enough without feeling like you're trying to swing at an unlimited arc pitch. But, when you do, it's pretty all right.

Their customer service is top notch, though. I bought mine second hand, and had a piece explode on me. They sent a whole new unit, no questions asked. All I did was provide pics.

I'd say in terms of usefulness, I'd rank as follows:

4. Pop Toss
3. Tee work
2. Pitching Machine/Cage
1. Live BP

dunkky

Thanks basilray, i'll no longer search for one then. i didn't find anyone really liking it other than a videos trying to promote the product. i'll stick with my tee then.

dunkky

the problem is no one likes me. they like me to pitch for them but not other way. i have a pitching machine, but can't find one like me enough to do a bp with..

screw all these, my all time best friend, Mr. TEE is the best.

dunkky

For me, going into a game without much practice usually produces the best results. Same with golf. Too much stinkin thinkin sometimes.

that is true for many times. i hit pretty good during practice with live pitches. not the case during the game. i think i am putting too much focus on hitting a perfect strike and try to draw a walk just like major players. when i should just look for a pitch that looks pretty darn good and just swing away. many of that is just damn mental... and pressure from your teammates bitching.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I have one, and don't use it all that often.

It's difficult to get it dialed in just right, where you get the ball traveling far enough without feeling like you're trying to swing at an unlimited arc pitch. But, when you do, it's pretty all right.

Their customer service is top notch, though. I bought mine second hand, and had a piece explode on me. They sent a whole new unit, no questions asked. All I did was provide pics.

I'd say in terms of usefulness, I'd rank as follows:

4. Pop Toss
3. Tee work
2. Pitching Machine/Cage
1. Live BP

I have the yellow (slow pitch softball) Pop Toss. I'll agree with everything said above. At times it can be maddeningly inconsistent w/ pitches. Other times it'll throw you perfect strikes every time. When I get in a groove with the Pop Toss I find that I can actually have very good BPs.

I don't find that it messes up my timing. I used the Pop Toss a lot earlier this year, and I feel like it got my swing dialed in pretty decently. You need a little patience with the Pop Toss though. Don't sit there and expect great pitches every time. The product works, but it is by no means perfect. I still prefer the Pop Toss to tee work. Also, if you want to train yourself to hit deep and/or higher arc pitching, this thing will work.

dunkky

more and more i look at this thing. it looks pretty promising. just don't see that would mess up the timing thing other than helping out... i also like distance. i don't dig the up and down one, but this one actually has trajectory. if anyone from dfw outthere has the green model one, my blue frame is still up for a trade.

dunkky

i sold my blueframe for 75. just can't find anyone like me enough to do a bp with me. lol

dunkky

sounds good bro. Record it too if you can.. lol They advertised it can toss 25ft, but people say it's more like 10 to 15. Confirm that too.

Terrordome666

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, got it Friday and used this weekend. Make sure you wear steel toed shoes, at one point I thought I broke my toe after I kicked a paint bucket because it was not working right.

No way this thing is going to go 25 ft. More like 10ft.

It came with instructions that strongly recommended not touching the timing mechanism and that it was already set for 10-12 seconds. However, that 10-12 seconds was more like 25 seconds. So I would be standing there with my thumb up my butt waiting for it to pop.

I decided to mess with timing mechanism to speed it up. Well that seemed to have messed it up. Now it was going off 1-3 seconds. Nothing like jamming your finger when placing the ball on the cup and having it immediately fire off back into your hand. No matter what I did I could not get it to stop doing premature ejection. It came with a replacement part that said if this happens to replace this part... that seemed to have done the trick.

As some have said it is hard to get dialed in right, but once you get it going it works. The problem is, with only a 10 ft pitch, you don't get much time to get your swing motion going.

Would I recommend it? Yeah, I guess... I like it better than hitting off a tee, but for the money I was hoping to get the 25 ft distance as advertised.

dunkky

thanks for the detail update bro. i don't think i will pursue this unless they come up with a better ver.

Terrordome666

Addicted to Softballfans
I think I'm getting around 20 feet off mine, pitching off grass. I'll echo a lot of Terror's frustration though.

I was going to try to adjust it more to see if I can get more distance, but I am afraid to do anything for fear it will revert to the 1-3 second ejection.

Terrordome666

Addicted to Softballfans
Update: So my pop toss has completely crapped the bed. I cannot get it to pop anything other than 4 seconds. (I swear this has never happened before)

I emailed the pop toss company to see if they could help. They immediately responded. They are sending me a whole new unit and a free bat... not sure what the bat is, but I will take it.

When this thing worked I was starting to really dig it. It actually helped my swing. I like to hit outside pitches and when the ball come inside I tend to get jammed and hit it off the handle a lot. I made some adjustments to what I was doing and noticing I am not getting jammed as much on the inside pitches. I would never have figured that out with a tee.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Update: So my pop toss has completely crapped the bed. I cannot get it to pop anything other than 4 seconds. (I swear this has never happened before)

I emailed the pop toss company to see if they could help. They immediately responded. They are sending me a whole new unit and a free bat... not sure what the bat is, but I will take it.

When this thing worked I was starting to really dig it. It actually helped my swing. I like to hit outside pitches and when the ball come inside I tend to get jammed and hit it off the handle a lot. I made some adjustments to what I was doing and noticing I am not getting jammed as much on the inside pitches. I would never have figured that out with a tee.

I probably have 2000 reps on my pop toss. Occasionally it will fire prematurely, but for the most part the timer works fine. The knob on mine hasn't malfunctioned at all either.

I agree the pop toss takes patience to use. You won't get perfect pitches every time. For the most part, mine has been a fully functional product. I'm glad to hear the company seems very proactive on fixing problems and replacing parts.

Pretty

Softball is cool
Hated it, severely messed up my timing. I was terrible at the time to begin with though but I let some other guys use it and they agreed timing was rough.

blakcherry329

Hated it, severely messed up my timing. I was terrible at the time to begin with though but I let some other guys use it and they agreed timing was rough.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't get too much out of using the Pop Toss.

Wheeler Dealer or the Jugs Soft toss is a much better option, imo.

Terrordome666

Addicted to Softballfans
They sent me a new Pop Toss and it works great. I have not had to touch the timing mechanism. I have a bucket of about 40 softballs. I go through the barrel twice... three times a week. I have also taken some live batting practice and my timing has not been messed up at all.

I am hitting the ball well though. Now that it is working, I recommend getting one if you have trouble finding people to hit with you at the fields.

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
They sent me a new Pop Toss and it works great. I have not had to touch the timing mechanism. I have a bucket of about 40 softballs. I go through the barrel twice... three times a week. I have also taken some live batting practice and my timing has not been messed up at all.

I am hitting the ball well though. Now that it is working, I recommend getting one if you have trouble finding people to hit with you at the fields.

Are all your softballs the same type?

Do synthetic covers have a higher arc than composite or leather covers?

I am thinking about getting one but still cant decide if its worth the money

Thanks for the info.

Glad it helps you and your swing.