anyone has any experience using "Pop Toss Green one"?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Update: So my pop toss has completely crapped the bed. I cannot get it to pop anything other than 4 seconds. (I swear this has never happened before)

I emailed the pop toss company to see if they could help. They immediately responded. They are sending me a whole new unit and a free bat... not sure what the bat is, but I will take it.

When this thing worked I was starting to really dig it. It actually helped my swing. I like to hit outside pitches and when the ball come inside I tend to get jammed and hit it off the handle a lot. I made some adjustments to what I was doing and noticing I am not getting jammed as much on the inside pitches. I would never have figured that out with a tee.
What kinda bat did they send you

Terrordome666

Addicted to Softballfans
Are all your softballs the same type?

Do synthetic covers have a higher arc than composite or leather covers?

I am thinking about getting one but still cant decide if its worth the money

Thanks for the info.

Glad it helps you and your swing.

It seems like the newer the ball the better the toss. I am using both 44/375 and 52/300 balls.

Ultimately, I am not seeing a big discrepancy in where the balls go... they are all within reason in the same area.

Vec18

There aren't that many reviews on it. Saw a few video clips of it, that's about it.

they are asking a lot of money for it, just want to know if other people can share their experience.

I also read a thread from other site, he saying it messes up his timing.
I want to like it. But it's made of plastic and is cheap in my opinion. The spring keeps coming out. I've broken 3 in 6 weeks. However, i will say the CS has been great about sending out new ones. Just tired of using them to only break.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I want to like it. But it's made of plastic and is cheap in my opinion. The spring keeps coming out. I've broken 3 in 6 weeks. However, i will say the CS has been great about sending out new ones. Just tired of using them to only break.

IDK, man. I bought my pop toss in December. I've used it regularly since then. I reckon I have a couple thousand swings on it at this point. Really, I don't have any serious issues. Occasionally the timing will go awry, but overall its been a very acceptable product.

The Pop Toss can be frustrating to learn at first, but it ends up being a very viable BP tool.

Vec18

IDK, man. I bought my pop toss in December. I've used it regularly since then. I reckon I have a couple thousand swings on it at this point. Really, I don't have any serious issues. Occasionally the timing will go awry, but overall its been a very acceptable product.

The Pop Toss can be frustrating to learn at first, but it ends up being a very viable BP tool.
I just got off the phone with them. They really are a great company. Sending out another one. They told me not to put it in a bucket.

robokill

Manager
I got mine early in the year. I always used a bucket for protection (now using 2 as they recommend) but it took a couple shots over a lot of BP and survived until a shot a few weeks ago. They sent out a new part for free to Canada no questions asked and quickly, and it's back to working.

It's not a perfect product, but my hitting (stats wise) this year has improved over 2018, which itself was my best ever year (2014-2017 were pretty stagnant). I previously did a ton of regular tee work that in all honesty didn't help me much. I'm glad I bought it.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I got mine early in the year. I always used a bucket for protection (now using 2 as they recommend) but it took a couple shots over a lot of BP and survived until a shot a few weeks ago. They sent out a new part for free to Canada no questions asked and quickly, and it's back to working.

It's not a perfect product, but my hitting (stats wise) this year has improved over 2018, which itself was my best ever year (2014-2017 were pretty stagnant). I previously did a ton of regular tee work that in all honesty didn't help me much. I'm glad I bought it.

I like my Pop Toss. I bought mine in December and it has performed to my expectations. It doesn't always throw perfect pitches, but overall I find it to be very satisfactory for BP purposes. Every once in a while I'll have issues with the timing mechanism, but its random and not a huge deal.

That said, I also take the Pop Toss apart occasionally and clean out the inside with a rag and tooth brush. It inevitably gathers dirt/grime.

The Pop Toss enables you to work on BP solo. You can hit at your own pace and try stuff out. I think its a good product, and I'm happy with mine.

Revoke36

I find it’s as consistent as the balls. It will take minor adjustments as BP goes along but nothing to gripe about. It’s an important training tool for me cuz we don’t have much team practice.

T Dot

Extra Hitter
I just picked up a SwingAway for my son. I discovered it has a softball attachment. It might be a good alternative to tee work.

I don’t have the softball attachment yet, but the baseball appears to be a normal MLB ball with a hole drilled in it.

Anyways I thought I would just throw that out there as a possible aid. When I get a chance to do more softball research and swings on it - I will post up here.

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
There is a new version with updates. Im assuming you guys are using the older version. There is a video compliments of the Bathound that shows the newer version having more distance and arc depending on how you set it up.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
My yellow/green Pop Toss is now a year old and still works great. I take it apart and clean/oil it occasionally too.

dunkky

i've decided i won't pursue this. biggest reason is that, i don't think that short distance is gonna work with my striding and timing. i had a dude pitch me with a weighted ball in about 20ft distance. found out it didn't work well with my striding. i am consistently late to my swing..

joeywya2

i love my pop toss. its not 25ft as advertised unless you’re in perfect conditions. flat surface. no dirt. no wind. but i still get a good 12-18 feet. gives me time to get set and it has helped my swing and making contact. for 130 bucks and a lifetime part/machine replacement guarantee you really can’t beat it. there are ways to manipulate arc as well. ive always hit fine in bp before games. then i get in the game and pop out to second base almost automatically. its all mental i know but poptoss gave me the live pitch experience and repitition that helped me with my mental game. worth every penny and i would buy one again if it didnt come with warranty

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
i love my pop toss. its not 25ft as advertised unless you’re in perfect conditions. flat surface. no dirt. no wind. but i still get a good 12-18 feet. gives me time to get set and it has helped my swing and making contact. for 130 bucks and a lifetime part/machine replacement guarantee you really can’t beat it. there are ways to manipulate arc as well. ive always hit fine in bp before games. then i get in the game and pop out to second base almost automatically. its all mental i know but poptoss gave me the live pitch experience and repitition that helped me with my mental game. worth every penny and i would buy one again if it didnt come with warranty

I agree with all of this. I've had my pop toss for over a year and a half now. Thousands of pitches, zero mechanical issues. I also take mine apart and clean it out and lightly oil it every so often.