Anyone here play orthodox in Canada?

tonys1

I do but check your local rules. Most leagues here allow the ISF 2005, ASA 2000 / 2004 stamps. I've seen some that also allow thumbprint stamps.

For modified pitching, softball Canada allows ISF 2005 and all ASA stamps including 2013.

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
Probably league specific. Seems like tourney's in Quebec and east coast still allow only ISF and ASA.

My league used to follow the Softball Canada rules (ISF, ASA200/2004 at the time), but started allowing USSSA a couple years ago, since that's pretty much all that is sold here now.

tonys1

Probably league specific. Seems like tourney's in Quebec and east coast still allow only ISF and ASA.

My league used to follow the Softball Canada rules (ISF, ASA200/2004 at the time), but started allowing USSSA a couple years ago, since that's pretty much all that is sold here now.

Am I reading that wrong - Softball Canada website allows 2013 stamp too.

Walms

Does that mean you can have USSSA without an ASA stamp at all?

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
Does that mean you can have USSSA without an ASA stamp at all?
Yes.
We use grey dots. Tried hot dots, but people hated them because of the bad bounces on the infield.
If you are playing modified coed, you should probably go with red dots or k masters (fast pitch balls), and the bats won't matter too much.

Walms

I didn't realize cork center balls had so much negative feedback, sounds like a poly center might be the way to go. Gonna try the red dots out in the off season

Walms

We are talking about allowing the USSSA stamp, but no NSA stamp. Seems to me they come together almost all of time though? What options are there for both ASA and USSSA stamped bats?

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
We are talking about allowing the USSSA stamp, but no NSA stamp. Seems to me they come together almost all of time though? What options are there for both ASA and USSSA stamped bats?
Pick stamps to allow, not stamps to prohibit. If you're allowing USSSA, allow them all.
Why do you care what bats are ASA and USSSA?