Anyone play the USSSA SR tourney In Maryville TN

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
just wondering your impressions?
My impressions: not too thrilled
* Supposed to be 4 game guarantee, but at last minute MANY teams were cut to only 1 pool, so, only received 75% of what was paid for
* Balls supposed to be 44/400 ... no way! Demarini Razzo-SR is most likely a relabeled Razzo Classic M 40/325.
* Umpires we had were GREAT

I feel you I bought airline tickets to Florida in rental car in motel. Just to find out we were playing major instead of triple aaa on top of that the cheapest trump ball on 325 ft fields 5 games later one guy hit the fence if I would have hit better i would have at least felt better

lb16

the natural
just wondering your impressions?
My impressions: not too thrilled
* Supposed to be 4 game guarantee, but at last minute MANY teams were cut to only 1 pool, so, only received 75% of what was paid for
* Balls supposed to be 44/400 ... no way! Demarini Razzo-SR is most likely a relabeled Razzo Classic M 40/325.
* Umpires we had were GREAT
Warlock agree with your comments. 2nd USSSA senior tourney I have played in. Played in Pensacola a few weeks ago and we hit the same demarini ball but the classic M was worse than the one's we hit in Tn. but not by much both balls are garbage! yes no discount cutting down a pool play game as well didn't go over to well. Umpires did a good job though and the 6-10 arch I personally like!

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
Regardless of the ball (iffy at best after hitting it in the hr derby) and other variables (played 40s), Smokies was a tourney I was excited to be at. Circumstances what hey were, more teams will likely come next year. Great atmosphere if you are at Sandy springs...

Pops34

Part Time Player
Playing in NJ this weekend - can give feedback next week. 4 game round robin with 1st and 2nd play off in 5 game. 1 day tourney - our first one of the year that has not been cancelled or make us sit in Q for 2 weeks.