anyone swing the *** exclusive cartel?

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I was looking for a u trip demarini with a 13" barrel and this is the only one I can find besides a ONE or lawman. Anyone ever swing one? What'd you think of it compared to other demarini's? Thanks in advance.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
I just picked up a 27.5oz yesterday. Hit some balls off a tee with it today. It feels good but i think it takes a little more to break in. Going to go hit some more balls before my game tomorrow.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I just picked up a 27.5oz yesterday. Hit some balls off a tee with it today. It feels good but i think it takes a little more to break in. Going to go hit some more balls before my game tomorrow.

How's the weight/end load/swing weight feel compared to your future? I have a 30 oz 2014 cl22 stadium, but I think i messed up with going up in weight from my usual 28 oz bats.

TRaj2327

Here are all the current 13" models with quick specs.
All have an aluminum handle.
All will take basically the same break-in but the midloaded/endloaded ones will have a bit softer feel with the added weight

True One - dual stamp balanced

SIS CL22 - USSSA balanced

*** Cartel - USSSA midloaded to endloaded. Certainly more pronounced than a True One.

Lawmen - dual stamp and supposed to be midloaded to endloaded.

Strom Thurman

Demolition Crew
I have a 26.5........and it is very mediocre even with 800 hits......and I loved the cartel and cartel 2..........I am selling it cause it doesn't come close to miken 4f

Cali_4sb

Coach
Cartel was disappointing:/ I swung a 500 hit one using 375's. It was good but I switched to my legacy and the legacy was hotter

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
How's the weight/end load/swing weight feel compared to your future? I have a 30 oz 2014 cl22 stadium, but I think i messed up with going up in weight from my usual 28 oz bats.

Weight feels good, not necessarily endloaded to me. Feels nothing like my 26.5 future or 27.5. The closest thing i can think it feels like is a 28oz S. One or s 2.1.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
All will take basically the same break-in but the midloaded/endloaded ones will have a bit softer feel with the added weight

*** Cartel - USSSA midloaded to endloaded. Certainly more pronounced than a True One.

Took my 28.5 out today and it felt like my 30 oz true one but was better out of the wrapper. Hopefully get to hit it on a fenced field next time and see how good it gets.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Have 200 swings on this now and it feels and performs like my true one did at 200. Some light webbing.

Maybe joker is right about these:wtf2:

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO it did not deserve the name Cartel on it. It's nothing like the OG or the second one. One thing is for sure they fixed the durability issue on it

Ogdg

Banned User

I got a custom true one that feels very similar to the cartel 3. Any reason why?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I got a custom true one that feels very similar to the cartel 3. Any reason why?

I think these are the same bat with a different Alloy handle.

Feel, performance and durability were the same for me. I would get the true one just for the dual stamp.

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
maybe i missed a comment, but i don't see anyone mentioning the Aftermath 1.20 as a 13" barrel USSSA option. I know some folks have had durability issues with this model, but mine personally lasted 1,000 swings or so with all kinds of different balls. Just my .02

baller4

The Demar Devil
Mines a tank as well. Used it with all kinds of balls in all types of temperature, but I do swing like a girl. Probably has 500+ swings on it

Ogdg

Banned User
maybe i missed a comment, but i don't see anyone mentioning the Aftermath 1.20 as a 13" barrel USSSA option. I know some folks have had durability issues with this model, but mine personally lasted 1,000 swings or so with all kinds of different balls. Just my .02

That bad boy was dirty.