Are the Mercy's still the best ASA bats?

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I play coed with a few of my tournament teammates and our wives/GF's. All of our ASA bats are 26oz-28oz. Our women are petite with not much muscle so we want to get them the lightest bat possible.

Is the 2018 Demarini Mercy in 25oz the best light bat we could get for them? Also is this bat more of an End load or balance feel? Not many manufacturers go below 26oz for ASA. Plus SBF has them on super sale. Thanks for any input guys.

ShortYellowBus

All new bats are terrific.

The best bat for you will depend on what kind of balls you’re hitting and how you swing the bat.

Some people will tirelessly argue 25oz bats are better. Some others will say Worth, Miken and Monsta.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I am a Miken fan boy but they don't have any ASA bats below 26oz for the lady's. We do hit the 12" .52/300 balls for both male and females. Also my Freak Platinum ASA has a nasty rattle in it so I need a backup.

I'm just asking about the Mercy because I remember when the first pink one came out a few years ago everyone was swinging them.

TRaj2327

Pink Mercy? Maybe you mean the one with the pink grip.

Anyhow, the Mercy is still the cat's pajamas. They swing very balanced and go to a 25 oz as you stated. I believe it is the only ASA bat that comes in a 25 oz. unless someone is doing an exclusive out there for one.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
I really like the Mercies, it turned into my gamer this year. I hit it better than the Flippers and I like the barrel better than most on the market. Last years was meh, but I really like this years

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Yeah the 16 purple with pink grip had like a .25/.5 endload, great bat that hits 44s and 52’s well once broke in, takes a couple hundred but a great bat

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a mercy last year and to me it didn’t hit the 52s all that great? Might give it another try at 150$. Wonder if they’ll go even cheaper

saintrules

Had a teammate pickup a mercy, hit a couple HR's out of the wrapper in the first few AB's in a live game.

With that said, I don't think it's going to beat out the Legit, Harvey, Freak, DC41, etc., tie it, at best.

All these new $300 bats hit 52/300's the same way, rocket launchers.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Had a teammate pickup a mercy, hit a couple HR's out of the wrapper in the first few AB's in a live game.

With that said, I don't think it's going to beat out the Legit, Harvey, Freak, DC41, etc., tie it, at best.

All these new $300 bats hit 52/300's the same way, rocket launchers.
I didn’t like the Freak 23. I liked the monstas and anarchy bats the best for asa this year.

saintrules

I didn’t like the Freak 23. I liked the monstas and anarchy bats the best for asa this year.

I have a hard time looping those two bats in with the mainstream bats. In terms of the major manufacturers (Easton, Worth/Miken, DeMarini), I think you can pick up any one of their $300 offerings and once they're worked in, they all top out at near the same limit. But, if I were to loop those two in, it would be foolish to think both those companies have some sort of tech or capability to produce a stick that is night and day better than the aforementioned big boys.

Feel of bat >>> anything, just gotta find what floats your boat.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a hard time looping those two bats in with the mainstream bats. In terms of the major manufacturers (Easton, Worth/Miken, DeMarini), I think you can pick up any one of their $300 offerings and once they're worked in, they all top out at near the same limit. But, if I were to loop those two in, it would be foolish to think both those companies have some sort of tech or capability to produce a stick that is night and day better than the aforementioned big boys.

Feel of bat >>> anything, just gotta find what floats your boat.
Here in Mn Monsta has gotten huge. Also have a few anarchy reps or lovers that have been hyping those. Bought a diablo with warranty which comes to same price as non warranty Monsta. Seems close and has warranty, especially here in Mn with cooler weather.

I honestly didn’t see a demarini 2018 bat this year, saw a few Miken 23 and Harvey’s. Otherwise pretty much Monsta here. Might pick up a flipper this winter with the prices so low on them.

Projectcam

You know which asa bat can handle hard balls?
The Anarchy Diablo and Demon are supposed to be good with 44/375 balls. The Dnam is a “LC” bat but I know a ton of people who use it with .44’s and they hold up. I don’t think the same can be said for the Torch/Fallout though. All these bats are fire once broken in