ASA 2009 The ONE, maybe rd28 too?

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues - I have a white THE ONE, I think that is the 2009, either way, the first ASA version. I'm not sure on the hit count, maybe 500, could be up to 3000, but the weird thing is this year it makes a CRACK sound like any other composite I have heard, um, but the ball is flying nor getting through the infield this year???? Trust me, it is NOT the ball, and again, he's, the bat sounds more like a nuclear bomb now vs a shot gun, but it just doesn't launch at all??? It seriously is like it "died" after 2 years. Has anyone else had a post abi bat that seemed to just "die" after a couple years? Probably the main reason I ask is I have used a teammates rd28 ASA for the past 2 years and that is one of my favorite bats of all time! Long story short, in 2010 during the fall league a couple of us noticed the same friggin thing! It cracks like a whip and sounds louder, but the ball goes nowhere........has anyone else had this with any newer demarini bats or more importantly, are all new post abi ASA bats like this? I guess what I mean is, they basically break in after 6 months, but then they just start dying but getting louder????

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues - I have a white THE ONE, I think that is the 2009, either way, the first ASA version. I'm not sure on the hit count, maybe 500, could be up to 3000, but the weird thing is this year it makes a CRACK sound like any other composite I have heard, um, but the ball is flying nor getting through the infield this year???? Trust me, it is NOT the ball, and again, he's, the bat sounds more like a nuclear bomb now vs a shot gun, but it just doesn't launch at all??? It seriously is like it "died" after 2 years. Has anyone else had a post abi bat that seemed to just "die" after a couple years? Probably the main reason I ask is I have used a teammates rd28 ASA for the past 2 years and that is one of my favorite bats of all time! Long story short, in 2010 during the fall league a couple of us noticed the same friggin thing! It cracks like a whip and sounds louder, but the ball goes nowhere........has anyone else had this with any newer demarini bats or more importantly, are all new post abi ASA bats like this? I guess what I mean is, they basically break in after 6 months, but then they just start dying but getting louder????

I have never seen this at all.
The sound changes on the RD, but all 7 that I have swung got better withthe sound.
:confused::confused::confused: