ASA Combat Portent

Joey43

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought this bat a few years ago. Has about 20-25 swings on it. After I bought it I had a knee injury & have not played in a few years. Forgot I even had it until I was cleaning out my ball bag last weekend. Any idea what kind of price I would be looking at to sell it?

Attachments

• Portent 1.pdf
    130.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Portent 2.pdf
    186.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Portent 3.pdf
    182.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Portent 4.pdf
    200 KB · Views: 11
  • Portent 5.pdf
    146.9 KB · Views: 12

Joey43

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry but do not know the scale weight. So what you guys are pretty much telling me is it is ok to take to the lake & hit rocks with it?(not worth anything)

Matth

Sorry but do not know the scale weight. So what you guys are pretty much telling me is it is ok to take to the lake & hit rocks with it?(not worth anything)
I had a friend sell the portent you have to another friend for $80. That bat takes some breaking in, but it will get hot. Unfortunately Combats do not command a high price, but if you are patient you may get around $70 for it. In the meantime, don’t hit rocks with it. Hit rocks with the old bats you have laying around from high school. Take your bat to the field and break it in with softballs.

Normy

I’m sure you’ve swung this model. What are your thoughts on it?
Believe it or not, I haven't ever hit the '14. Had the '15 and thought it was pretty decent. Gave it to a buddy for helping me coordinate our team.

Normy

I mean if you're gonna skip some rocks across a lake with it, I'll offer $50 lol

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I’m sure you’ve swung this model. What are your thoughts on it?

I have 2 and wouldn't mind a 3rd except for being broke like a joke. My gamer has 2 inches of wear and a paint seam, hotter than the devil's taint too. I had an 18 DC41 but couldn't let go of the Portent. Soft barrel, no flex, and sounds like a shotgun even with 52s. I prefer a 1 piece so this is my cup o' tea. This and the USSSA Aerial Assault are the exact same bat with different paint.

Matth

I have 2 and wouldn't mind a 3rd except for being broke like a joke. My gamer has 2 inches of wear and a paint seam, hotter than the devil's taint too. I had an 18 DC41 but couldn't let go of the Portent. Soft barrel, no flex, and sounds like a shotgun even with 52s. I prefer a 1 piece so this is my cup o' tea. This and the USSSA Aerial Assault are the exact same bat with different paint.
Thanks for the reply. I think it’s a great bat too. I was using a friends all the time a couple years back. I’d put it up against the best bats I’ve hit with, DC 41 included. I was just looking to see other’s experiences because for me it’s hard to understand why this bat is so hard to sell, especially considering it performance. If you have a few bucks Normy, I’d say buy this one.

Normy

Thanks for the reply. I think it’s a great bat too. I was using a friends all the time a couple years back. I’d put it up against the best bats I’ve hit with, DC 41 included. I was just looking to see other’s experiences because for me it’s hard to understand why this bat is so hard to sell, especially considering it performance. If you have a few bucks Normy, I’d say buy this one.
This is one of the bats on my wish list. It's very tempting but 28 is heavier than I like. Knowing my luck, it would actually scale closer to 30 then I'd have to try selling it to @ShortYellowBus

Normy

I would buy this for 50 also. It’s the best bat combat made by a lot. ALOT.
Orange creamsickle ranks #1 for me. Buuuuut, I haven't tried the 14 Portent so it could very well be. Dang, I'm half tempted to buy another bat...