Asa Ghost

trahlberg

Addicted to Softballfans
Watched the videos about the Ghost. How does the new "softer and hotter" outer barrel work for compression testing? Will there be issues like with early Zs where they had to test on the disc or does the outer barrel still need to meet standards?

Joker

it will be a non linear bat like the aftermaths, EST, platinums and have a different preload

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Watched the videos about the Ghost. How does the new "softer and hotter" outer barrel work for compression testing? Will there be issues like with early Zs where they had to test on the disc or does the outer barrel still need to meet standards?

Reading questions like this makes me long for the old days when a bat was a bat. Not some complicated machine.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
interesting that it carries the 2004 ASA stamp. my thought would be that it won't be as hot as other non linear bats. i also see them causing problems calling it "double barrel" getting mixed up with double wall leagues.

Joker

you cannot use a bat with the new stamp in a fastpitch game. it is only for slowpitch

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i understand that. didn't they have a testing reason/process for that though? did it have to do with the ball used in the different versions of the game. just trying to think back to when that rule came about. my line of thinking was going into the slowpitch version, would it carry the old or new ASA stamp. if it's the old then i would think that maybe it wouldn't perform like the other nonlinear bats

Joker

i have no idea what you're trying to say. the only ghost that has been announced by easton is a FP bat. it will have the 2004 ASA stamp because the new stamp is only for the SP game

CHE5TER

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit 52/275's tonight with it. Sounds bizarre but I liked it. Really good considering it was a old ASA stamp. Looking forward to the Project 9 line...

chile

Bad Ape
hit NX3 spinners, evil bp52s, dudley 52/300s with it...it hits them all well. it just sounds ghastly.