Asa Ghost

Slowpitcher21

I’ve got one with literally 12 swings on it and I have one of those cracks too. You can catch it with your fingernail but it doesn’t look very deep. Hoping this is just cosmetic because so far I love the performance of this bat

chile

Bad Ape
haven't heard of anyone not getting theirs when they ordered...hell, I ordered one well after they were in stock and got it promptly.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Put about 100 hits on mine today with all 52's and so far so good.... but I'm not a masher either. Hits real well though

Zpete1

Extra Hitter
I put about 30 cuts on mine before I put it away. I was really surprised, and pleased with how well it was performing. Going off of everyone else's comments I didn't want to push it, as it's only February. I figure if it breaks at some point this summer, it breaks and I send it back and get a new one.

ShortYellowBus

Weather was fantastic, so I took a 27oz Ghost out for some bp. I used some classic m’s and 44/375’s. It was all or nothing.

I didn’t like it.

There’s more feedback than I expected and the performance was slightly below a sp15mba (balanced Torq) that I peeled the wrapper off to hit. This surprised me!

I didn’t miss much, and the barrel pushed the ball out 180-200 feet with little effort. I hit one shot 305-310 feet, but I wasn’t able to get into it and I put it down after 15 cuts.

I will put a slightly thicker grip on it and see if that quells some of the white knuckle nervousness I had. I’m going to try again tomorrow morning with some 52/300’s.

I’ve broken bats plenty of times, and I believe this bat will last me all year. No doubt.

Slowpitcher21

Used the bat indoors with 52/300 again this week. The crack didn’t seem to get any bigger. And it certainly didn’t sound like it was broken although this bat definitely sounds alot different to begin with.One of my teammates said it’s just the paint that’s cracked. I hope he is right and I hope it passes compression test once summer league starts. Ball really jumps off this bat.

ShortYellowBus

Update!

New grip made a big difference. I enjoyed the swings and went for it all with the 52/300 balls.

The sound is a loud crack, perhaps a wooden bat breaking at a MLB game? Too loud.

There’s definitely more performance today than yesterday, with a few shots clearing a 325 foot marker I put out there. Perhaps 200 more bp swings will open it up a bit more. I don’t think this bat is going to break anytime soon.

I must also add, I normally don’t swing all or nothing like I did today with the Ghost, so I will not expect to replicate this performance in a game situation. Solid bat, just have to get used to the peculiar idiosyncratic subtlety.

Off topic!
I hit a 381 foot shot with a 2017 30oz Wegman Flex that I bought off the board last week, with one of my guys putting the ball well into the street! I never hit one that far with the 28.5 Helmer flex.

Perhaps video footage soon? Achilles is still weak. Here’s the field we used.
28C637DA-F935-4386-8932-F37645DEC1B7.jpeg

Good day!

jk22

Humpty Dumpty was Pushed.....
Update!

New grip made a big difference. I enjoyed the swings and went for it all with the 52/300 balls.

The sound is a loud crack, perhaps a wooden bat breaking at a MLB game? Too loud.

There’s definitely more performance today than yesterday, with a few shots clearing a 325 foot marker I put out there. Perhaps 200 more bp swings will open it up a bit more. I don’t think this bat is going to break anytime soon.

I must also add, I normally don’t swing all or nothing like I did today with the Ghost, so I will not expect to replicate this performance in a game situation. Solid bat, just have to get used to the peculiar idiosyncratic subtlety.

Off topic!
I hit a 381 foot shot with a 2017 30oz Wegman Flex that I bought off the board last week, with one of my guys putting the ball well into the street! I never hit one that far with the 28.5 Helmer flex.

Perhaps video footage soon? Achilles is still weak. Here’s the field we used.
View attachment 44739

Good day!
Couple more feet, and you could have windshield bragging rights..