asa recoil maxload or the may98, orange

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
You shouldn't roll any bats. It's illegal.

but back on subject. May98 is very balanced, Recoil max is slightly endloaded. Both have about the same size barrel and will hit fairly similar. I've had both and wouldn't really pick one over the other as far as performance goes. It's really all about do you like balanced or endloaded bats. I'd take the Recoil Max cause I like endload.

Cobrasnake44

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd go with the Recoil.

I've swung both and the Recoil Max was the bat I got to replace my orange Mayhem once it broke.

They are both very solid bats though. Not sure how new/used the ones you are looking at are but the Orange May98 has a huge Break in period. The Recoil seemed fairly solid out of wrapper and mine is killing the ball atm, (not sure how many hits are on it, but it's gotta be getting up there pretty good).

Still you can't go wrong with either one of these bats.

ca3

Kitchen's Open
i would be trading a nice og freak 2nd batch for one if these, even trade you think?

nissben

Freakin Ninja
let me know whichever one you DONT get, ill scoop that up from whoever is sellin lol. both a grt asa bats imo. the orange mayhem is the one of the few worths i swung and i loved it

jgoodew

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah, the fact that recoils are tanks should seal the deal for you. but in the end, it's all about personal preference.

AZWldctFan

The Wide Shortstop
I had a May98 and now I have a Recoil. I hated the May98 but someone else bought it and now that is their problem.

killinmesmallz6

Smashin Gold Tops
i havent found a bat that swings (for Me) better then the mayhem 98. plain and simple juast a sick bat......but so is the recoil, cant knock either both are absolutey up ther with best there is to offer! but im a worth boy.... so the may 98 gets me every time!!!!

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
I would get the mayhem better resale value if you don't like it and IMO it hits better than the recoil I've had a few of each .

azsoftball

Whatever
I have both and one thing I like about Mayhem98, no vibration when the ball is hit. Recoil have slight better distance than my mayhem 98. I have mayhem for 5 years and recoil for almost 2 years.