ASA Rulebooks and FAQ's

TastySalami

Addicted to Softballfans
I've had these for awhile, now to put them to good use (note, they may not be up to date for 2010)

ASA Non-Approved list
http://www.besasoftball.com/Document...t_two_page.pdf

Apologies if this has been covered, but I have scoured this site and can't seem to find an answer. This two page list above isn't anywhere on the ASA website, it only comes up on searches on random ASA leagues. It doesnt appear to be official.

rusty2dh

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the 2008 rulebook, but I was wondering if there is a newer one anywhere? I do have the updates, but was hoping for everything in 1 file. Thank you

fakeelvis

<font color="#551A8B">Lady Virus Hunter</font>
Looked Around a bit but couldn't find it...

In Asa is there a rule where you cannot have more than 4 fielders in the outfield? Could you point me in the direction of this rule if it is indeed one

Thanks

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Serious Bud, they tested both bats and at there breaking point well under the 220 that they are aloud to be.. I may be speaking only for Canada Rule change bu t that is what I have heard.......

Well, when CSA makes the change, you can inform them on the CSA board. This is the ASA board. ;)

Crushdaddy44

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, when CSA makes the change, you can inform them on the CSA board. This is the ASA board. ;)

Hey if you knew anything about Canada Softball we go buy ASA rules on bats, Balls etc....

I am a Ump in SPN up here and I know for a fact these bats will be banned by 2011.........

Crushdaddy44

Addicted to Softballfans
How is this off topic a few threads back a guy asked if any bats were being banned and I responded????

Ok ill stop....But really I was just responding to a persons question....

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
How is this off topic a few threads back a guy asked if any bats were being banned and I responded????

Ok ill stop....But really I was just responding to a persons question....

yup. only cyclones and hammers and wood bats from now on :rolleyes:

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, just b/c you said so, I better go pick up a $9 B52 steel bat
and a $19 TPS Black Al bat....

IF ASA bans anymore, you can be sure it won't be a single bat:

73V (hottest),
OG Eastons(right behind) ,
then F98 (due to hot + most painted bat = F98)

Odds are they won't ban. But if they do, there's a good possibility
of all pre ABI bats will also get the ban via a new ASA stamp.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
What is the height for asa now... I have heard 6-10 instead of 6-12. Thanks in advance

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
What is the height for asa now... I have heard 6-10 instead of 6-12. Thanks in advance

6-10 for regular slow pitch, 6-12 for senior slow pitch.

These questions are better asked either in the Ask the Umpire section (in my signature) or in a new thread.

wacko

Addicted to Softballfans
ussa bats

whatsup mr ump i live in canada was wondering this season are we allowed to use ussa bats in asa leagues thanks

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
whatsup mr ump i live in canada was wondering this season are we allowed to use ussa bats in asa leagues thanks

You should read the ASA bat rules in this thread. Start with does it have an ASA stamp if the answer is no you've answered your question in nearly every case..

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
what does it half to be ncasaump before you reply lol

Rules questions should probably be asked in a thread that's not for rulebooks and Frequently Asked Questions. If you ask there, I'll be happy to answer as best I can.

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Im hearing a rumor stating that in 2014 ASA will be enforcing a new stamp just like the USSSA did for their bats. Is this true?

snyder12

Addicted to Softballfans
iam looking for thought s on a few incidents from our game tonight.

#1. how many bases is a runner awarded on a ball thrown outta play? 2 bases on a ball thrown from the outfield and 1 from the infield or 2 no matter who throws it?

#2. we played a team with 9 guys so their 10 batter was a out. this went the whole game till the bottom of the 7th inning and they got a guy off the other field that just finished and he played infield for 3 outs, we lost 11-9! seem sketchy not sure if there is a rule on this or if its just BUSH league!!!

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
iam looking for thought s on a few incidents from our game tonight.

#1. how many bases is a runner awarded on a ball thrown outta play? 2 bases on a ball thrown from the outfield and 1 from the infield or 2 no matter who throws it?

#2. we played a team with 9 guys so their 10 batter was a out. this went the whole game till the bottom of the 7th inning and they got a guy off the other field that just finished and he played infield for 3 outs, we lost 11-9! seem sketchy not sure if there is a rule on this or if its just BUSH league!!!

You might want to make a new thread in the "Ask the umpire" forum, but to answer your question:

1. Two bases from the time of the throw. Every. Time. No matter who throws it and from where. Two bases from the time of the throw (it's asked frequently).

2. If he was eligible and a legal substitute, he not only may go in when he arrives, but he must go in when he arrives (if he doesn't, he won't be allowed to go in later). The only sketchy part would be if he was not an eligible player on the team (i.e. not on the roster, etc.).

snyder12

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah i will take your word for it, thanks! The question on the over throws is ask so much because iam sure alot of umpires screw it up.
As for the guy being on the roster i dont know but i guessing hes not have not seen him down there all year! owell thanks for your thoughts.