ASA/USA of PA states

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Tg

Thats what it seems like everywhere now
I noticed it's the same in PA too. We played a few tournaments out there and there were very few arrogant turd teams and I didn't see a single good pitcher from PA and only one from NJ. E level pitching used to be much better than it is now.

DirtBag215

I noticed it's the same in PA too. We played a few tournaments out there and there were very few arrogant turd teams and I didn't see a single good pitcher from PA and only one from NJ. E level pitching used to be much better than it is now.
From what I’ve seen, Delaware has the best ball players amongst PA, NJ, and DE. NJ had the crown for a long time. Maryland is up there too but I haven’t played enough ball there recently to say anything about them.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
From what I’ve seen, Delaware has the best ball players amongst PA, NJ, and DE. NJ had the crown for a long time. Maryland is up there too but I haven’t played enough ball there recently to say anything about them.
I feel like the NJ teams are kinda watered down. There's too many teams so there are a lot of good players surrounded by mediocre players. Very few teams are ever good enough to move up. PA is similar to NJ but there are more good teams in PA.

DirtBag215

I feel like the NJ teams are kinda watered down. There's too many teams so there are a lot of good players surrounded by mediocre players. Very few teams are ever good enough to move up. PA is similar to NJ but there are more good teams in PA.
And just not enough participation, so it’s the same guys all the time.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not sure how they would go about fixing that. A ton of league teams would make great E or even decent D teams but they just don't come out for tournaments. I remember 20 years ago league teams would always show for a tournament or 3 every year. Now you just see the same two dozen teams over and over all year. That's to be expected in C but no reason for that in E.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not sure how they would go about fixing that. A ton of league teams would make great E or even decent D teams but they just don't come out for tournaments. I remember 20 years ago league teams would always show for a tournament or 3 every year. Now you just see the same two dozen teams over and over all year. That's to be expected in C but no reason for that in E or really even D.

DirtBag215

I'm not sure how they would go about fixing that. A ton of league teams would make great E or even decent D teams but they just don't come out for tournaments. I remember 20 years ago league teams would always show for a tournament or 3 every year. Now you just see the same two dozen teams over and over all year. That's to be expected in C but no reason for that in E or really even D.
I think it also comes down to local leagues not running as many tournaments as they use to. The one league they you came to with us use to run a tourney at least every other month and the other leagues around did the same thing. If you expose the local teams to local tourney ball, they my get intrigued and wanna travel for more tournies.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it also comes down to local leagues not running as many tournaments as they use to. The one league they you came to with us use to run a tourney at least every other month and the other leagues around did the same thing. If you expose the local teams to local tourney ball, they my get intrigued and wanna travel for more tournies.
I think you're right. The 3 bigger leagues by me all used to have a spring and fall tournament. They'd get 2 or 3 dozen teams every time.

DirtBag215

I think you're right. The 3 bigger leagues by me all used to have a spring and fall tournament. They'd get 2 or 3 dozen teams every time.
I also think most of the commissioners around here are just getting old and don’t wanna deal with the hassle of running tournaments. haven’t seen a new commissioner in any of the leagues around me ever. It’s the same guys that’s been doing it for the last 20 years

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I also think most of the commissioners around here are just getting old and don’t wanna deal with the hassle of running tournaments. haven’t seen a new commissioner in any of the leagues around me ever. It’s the same guys that’s been doing it for the last 20 years
Truth. Joe Shady has been running the Toms River league for over 30 years. Hutch has been running the Bayville league for 20. They just go through to motions anymore.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

Wow, what a terrible take! DE has ONE team - Paint Doctor, and they needed help from the Director getting TWO highly successful players down to B with the full intent on playing C. Outside of them, DE is 3rd of the 3 states in men's slow pitch.

DirtBag215

Wow, what a terrible take! DE has ONE team - Paint Doctor, and they needed help from the Director getting TWO highly successful players down to B with the full intent on playing C. Outside of them, DE is 3rd of the 3 states in men's slow pitch.
Damn didn’t know that. Is rhino linings still a solid team?

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn didn’t know that. Is rhino linings still a solid team?
I think they're still around, but like most teams, the sponsor name stays the same but the roster certainly doesn't. DE has their share of E and D teams, but not at the scale of NJ......who bumped all their good D teams to C last year.

DirtBag215

I think they're still around, but like most teams, the sponsor name stays the same but the roster certainly doesn't. DE has their share of E and D teams, but not at the scale of NJ......who bumped all their good D teams to C last year.
It’s crazy that paint doctors is still “THE” team of DE