Any ASA, USSSA or NSA Umpires

ScrappyCoco

Addicted to Softballfans
To the experts out there,

Is there language in any of the rulebooks indicating that umpires will officiate games in a fair, unbiased, or impartial manner?

I know it is implied but is there any language directly stating it in the official rule books?

Any references are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Country469

This is a chat you need to be having with your UIC, not a rules issue.........

Sit down with the LD/TD and the UIC. Explain to them your concerns and reasons you feel there is a biased officiant.

They may choose to schedule someone else to avoid conflict, they may not.

Either way, if you hit the ball enough it won't matter.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired

Is there language in any of the rulebooks indicating that umpires will officiate games in a fair, unbiased, or impartial manner?

I know it is implied but is there any language directly stating it in the official rule books?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, as a matter of fact, there is.

Anywhere you see the word "umpire," that's exactly what they are describing. Anything less, and you've just got a warm body filling a uniform.

MaverickAH

Thank you in advance.

In regards to ASA, there is something in the Umpire Manual (a separate book from the Participant Manual) called the Code of Ethics for Umpires. There is also Chapter 1 which is the Prerequisites for Good Umpiring.