ATOMS

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
In the past couple of weeks, I've met several times with the owner and assistant to the owner of ATOMS. We all agreed that I will be the official US agent for ATOMS gloves. This really took start with a conversation back in 2018, but the opportunity really came to fruition now, and they've put great trust in me to serve the US market.

That being said, ALL Domestic, Professional, and Global lines of stock gloves are available for immediate order.

Custom gloves using Juteru, Uragami, and Terada leather are available in any pattern ATOMS makes. I've linked to the US custom catalogue to wet your palette.

Retail gloves will be marketed to baseball shops near you soon, and 10-12 samples are on the way in the next couple of weeks.

Lastly, and most exciting for me, I will have the opportunity to design 5 ATOMS X DR gloves for sale directly to you. I'm planning on a couple baseball gloves and some 12.5" and 13" softball gloves.

I know there has always been a lot of talk about ATOMS and just Japanese gloves in general, and to open up the direct line with a company like ATOMS is an amazing experience for me.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
In the past couple of weeks, I've met several times with the owner and assistant to the owner of ATOMS. We all agreed that I will be the official US agent for ATOMS gloves. This really took start with a conversation back in 2018, but the opportunity really came to fruition now, and they've put great trust in me to serve the US market.

That being said, ALL Domestic, Professional, and Global lines of stock gloves are available for immediate order.

Custom gloves using Juteru, Uragami, and Terada leather are available in any pattern ATOMS makes. I've linked to the US custom catalogue to wet your palette.

Retail gloves will be marketed to baseball shops near you soon, and 10-12 samples are on the way in the next couple of weeks.

Lastly, and most exciting for me, I will have the opportunity to design 5 ATOMS X DR gloves for sale directly to you. I'm planning on a couple baseball gloves and some 12.5" and 13" softball gloves.

I know there has always been a lot of talk about ATOMS and just Japanese gloves in general, and to open up the direct line with a company like ATOMS is an amazing experience for me.
Hey Dan, as always thanks! I've definitely been interested in a true MIJ glove for awhile, and ATOMS has been at the top of my list, my only problem is I've just about aged out of the glove collecting game.....

I do have a few questions though, as usual.

**Can you explain the difference between the leathers, Juteru, Uragami, and Terada. With Juteru being the most expensive, can you explain why? And which one if any is a close comparison to Horween Steerhide, as far as durability goes?

I see the GW Pro-One is Wagyu Steerhide from the Terada leather factory, the Terada is the least expensive leather of those three in the Atoms lineup. There's quite a price difference between the Juteru and the Terada!

**Is there any benefits to the Radial palm lacing compared to the regular palm lacing?

**And as far as the 5 patterns you get to design.....any possibility of a 12.25" I-web in orange with split gray and tan laces in a softball pattern?? ;)

Thanks again

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey Dan, as always thanks! I've definitely been interested in a true MIJ glove for awhile, and ATOMS has been at the top of my list, my only problem is I've just about aged out of the glove collecting game.....

I do have a few questions though, as usual.

**Can you explain the difference between the leathers, Juteru, Uragami, and Terada. With Juteru being the most expensive, can you explain why? And which one if any is a close comparison to Horween Steerhide, as far as durability goes?

I see the GW Pro-One is Wagyu Steerhide from the Terada leather factory, the Terada is the least expensive leather of those three in the Atoms lineup. There's quite a price difference between the Juteru and the Terada!

**Is there any benefits to the Radial palm lacing compared to the regular palm lacing?

**And as far as the 5 patterns you get to design.....any possibility of a 12.25" I-web in orange with split gray and tan laces in a softball pattern?? ;)

Thanks again
According to Bob C., a radial laced heel was for gloves where the player didn't so much grab the ball with one hand as trap the ball against the glove with the other hand. But I can see how it could be useful for a thumb to pinkie closing glove.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
According to Bob C., a radial laced heel was for gloves where the player didn't so much grab the ball with one hand as trap the ball against the glove with the other hand. But I can see how it could be useful for a thumb to pinkie closing glove.
Thank you Rous, I’ve never owned or even handled a radial laced glove, what you said makes perfect sense.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Oh well, maybe Georgia is snowed in and offline?
Working man, no snow!

ATOMS Leather
Juteru
From Tokyo, this is preferred for its strong and durable surface. Requires long break in. For experienced players only.

Uragami
A newer leather that is very fine grained and a smooth, soft feel. Stiff to being with, but breaks in well. Used by several Japanese brands.

Terada
Softer feel to the leather, but it is strong enough to keep its shape well. Terada is what the MLB players prefer, and also used by Zett, Kubota, and Rawlings Japan.

I’ve designed 5 gloves from small baseball infield to 12.5” softball infield to 12.75”+ outfield. I’m waiting on approval and will then release the details.

Sorry Johnny, I didn’t make a 12.25” tan I web, but do have some very good choices. Most important thing is that they move to new owners in the US so we can keep bringing in more!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Working man, no snow!

ATOMS Leather
Juteru
From Tokyo, this is preferred for its strong and durable surface. Requires long break in. For experienced players only.

Uragami
A newer leather that is very fine grained and a smooth, soft feel. Stiff to being with, but breaks in well. Used by several Japanese brands.

Terada
Softer feel to the leather, but it is strong enough to keep its shape well. Terada is what the MLB players prefer, and also used by Zett, Kubota, and Rawlings Japan.

I’ve designed 5 gloves from small baseball infield to 12.5” softball infield to 12.75”+ outfield. I’m waiting on approval and will then release the details.

Sorry Johnny, I didn’t make a 12.25” tan I web, but do have some very good choices. Most important thing is that they move to new owners in the US so we can keep bringing in more!
Thank you Dan, and sorry, patience isn’t one of my strongest suits! Can you elaborate on which of the three leathers will be used on the five gloves you designed?

And thank you for your hard work, shaping young minds is needed today more than ever!

Soxfan8

Starting Player
Over the years, I have accumulated a couple Pro Ones, as well as two of the Under Armour gloves that Atoms made (I also used to have an Elite J . . .). Glove addiction being what it is, I have only put about a season worth of games on each, but the leather is very nice and they are among my favorite gloves. So, news that Dan has a relationship with Atoms is fantastic.

I don't think anything done in Horween is going to be a good comparison. First, Horween looks great, but is not what it used to be. Second, the Atoms patterns are completely different from any examples of a Horween glove that I have seen - an Atoms glove is going to be much lighter and feel more streamlined in comparison.

For what it's worth, I have a navy and a tan Pro One, and of the two, the navy glove has somewhat thicker leather with less sheen. The Under Armour gloves are black and orange and the leather feels a lot like the tan Pro One. To Dan's comment, I also have a Kubota that is red/orange, which has the same feel, although Kubota's patterns are chunkier (guess that I have a lot of MIJ gloves).