Avoiding wrist strain when sliding.

Techwarrior

<font color="#4F94CD">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Hey.

Looking for some help finding an item. I'm looking for something to help protect my wrist from sometimes jamming when I slide. I sometimes put my hand down on the infield when sliding feet first into a bag. What results is me jamming my wrist and it becomes sore for a bit and at it's worst it'll be sore for a few days.

I was watching a baseball game earlier in the year and I noticed Bautista (the jays) put on a protective guard for his wrist/forearm when he reached first base.

Does anyone know what it's called or can help lead me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

DSNuts48

Badass
Sounds like you aren't sliding properly. Lean back in the slide and it should a smooth transition from feet to dirt.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
Yeah, that just sounds like bad sliding technique. You can try running with your batting gloves in your hands. It becomes a subconscious reminder to keep your hands up.

There is one flaw to that plan, though, and I'm sure you can figure it out.

The real trick is to run faster and not need to slide.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
When I slide, my hands don't hit the ground until I have completed the slide. If your hands are hitting the ground with enough force to hurt your wrists, either, A. your old and your gunna break something so quit sliding. or B your not moving fast enough when you go into your slide, also don't jump up to slide jump out with your feet.

Then you can get thrown out for interference. I have slid like this since little league then I come down to SC play our first tourney game and get called out for interference.

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
if you are gonna and have to, might as well make it count........... HEAD FIRST ALL THE WAY, BABY! :cool:

VDubb

Addicted to Softballfans
hwtitanthumb.jpg

Titan is a brand that makes a wrist brace you could try. I was given one when I sprained mine (I dove forward to catch a ball, wrist bent backwards). Cuddyer from the Twins wears one as well......not sure what brand, but same idea.....

I also have the bad habit of using my left hand to brace my slides. If I concentrate enough I can do it correctly (hands thrown up), but that's usually after I'm warm.

Sarcastic response: just hit it a HR and avoid running the bases....... ;)