AWS Military Worlds in Destin FL

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
Was a great weekend of ball!!! Congrats to the scraps for winning it! Well Deserved! Our bats just went cold in the if game... Just a few recommendations to better it for next year. GREAT Tournament though!!! We had a blast!!!

1. Put the rules on paper and post them at the park. For example... The website said you can fake and no extra foul... but when we showed up Friday that was changed.
2. No need for stadium balls on a 300ft fence. Don't get me wrong... it was fun... but it turns the game into a glorified team home run derby. Almost takes defense out of the game for the top teams.
3. Eliminate the 2 civilian ball players. After all it is a military tournament! Non-military ball players have 4k other worlds that they can play in.
4. If you leave it unlimited and use stadium balls. You HAVE to be able to fake! If you cannot fake, there is nothing to get the hitter off balance. Batter sits... waits for a cookie and hits it out. See #2.

I hope that this is not taken the wrong way. Just my suggestions on "possible" changes to make for 2013! Great Tournament!

the only change that needs to be made is:

Have it closer to california so we can make the trip, lol.

Congrats to my boys from Scraps/Drash for winning..

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
Drash set this up for Scraps to win this one too?? And finally they pulled though.... Stadiums on a 300ft field?? Really????

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Really

Drash set this up for Scraps to win this one too?? And finally they pulled though.... Stadiums on a 300ft field?? Really????

It's amazing how people speak so badly about Drash yet accept all of the rings and gifts they provide to the Military Softball community. WOW!!!

If you don't like it, get a team together and beat them at thier own game or stay on the porch barking.:D:D

You can always put up the money that Drash does then you won't have to worry about them. ;);)

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought the tournament was pretty good but a few changes would make it better IMO:

1. Tournament provide NIW bats at each field with a variety of wieghts 26-30 if using Stadium balls. At the end of the tournament sell the bats at a discounted price.

2. Get rid of the screen since safety should not be an issue if everyone is swinging stock sticks.

3. Stick to the original format with faking being allowed by pitchers.

4. Change the rule about losing first game...too many teams lost their first game so they could play B.

Hope everyone has a great off season recovering from the 2012 season..see you next year!

Craig #7

Middle's Closed
Moodiddy, You need to talk to the team and bring them out in April to Vegas to play. Great tournament out here. We would love to get some east of the Mississippi teams out this way.

j0rge83

Manager
was a great weekend of ball!!! Congrats to the scraps for winning it! Well deserved! Our bats just went cold in the if game... Just a few recommendations to better it for next year. Great tournament though!!! We had a blast!!!

1. Put the rules on paper and post them at the park. For example... The website said you can fake and no extra foul... But when we showed up friday that was changed.
2. No need for stadium balls on a 300ft fence. Don't get me wrong... It was fun... But it turns the game into a glorified team home run derby. Almost takes defense out of the game for the top teams.
3. Eliminate the 2 civilian ball players. After all it is a military tournament! Non-military ball players have 4k other worlds that they can play in.
4. If you leave it unlimited and use stadium balls. You have to be able to fake! If you cannot fake, there is nothing to get the hitter off balance. Batter sits... Waits for a cookie and hits it out. See #2.

I hope that this is not taken the wrong way. Just my suggestions on "possible" changes to make for 2013! Great tournament!

completely agreee this above statements!!!!!!!

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
It's amazing how people speak so badly about Drash yet accept all of the rings and gifts they provide to the Military Softball community. WOW!!!

If you don't like it, get a team together and beat them at thier own game or stay on the porch barking.:D:D

You can always put up the money that Drash does then you won't have to worry about them. ;);)

well said!!!!

Top Flight 43

Addicted to Softballfans
Softballfan123456789....can you count higher,

First let me say that I have a lot of respect for Jeff Jackson and after talking to him in PC for the USSSA Military Worlds, it seems that he is a very nice guy. There are several of the Scrap players that I consider close friends and love to see them succeed. However, to address your asinine post here it is….

First I can say that DRASH has not won the USSSA Military A Worlds in the past 3 years. In case you were not there, Pendleton won it back to back years and Legion won it this year. It seems that DRASH has tried to buy a “ship” but that may not be the case and they have just come up short on the big stage (PC). As for rings….WHAT RINGS? Stadium balls on a 300 ft field is not a bad idea however, why not have those same stadium balls in PC on the big field for the A division?

So before you tell someone (Tap2284) who is probably a better ball player and person than anyone on your team, you might want to check the facts. It’s the off season…what are you doing to get better?

Top Flight 43

Addicted to Softballfans

First let me say that I have a lot of respect for Jeff Jackson and after talking to him in PC for the USSSA Military Worlds, it seems that he is a very nice guy. There are several of the Scrap players that I consider close friends and love to see them succeed. However, to address your asinine post here it is….

First I can say that DRASH has not won the USSSA Military A Worlds in the past 3 years. In case you were not there, Pendleton won it back to back years and Legion won it this year. It seems that DRASH has tried to buy a “ship” but that may not be the case and they have just come up short on the big stage (PC). As for rings….WHAT RINGS? Stadium balls on a 300 ft field is not a bad idea however, why not have those same stadium balls in PC on the big field for the A division?

So before you tell someone (Tap2284) who is probably a better ball player and person than anyone on your team, you might want to check the facts. It’s the off season…what are you doing to get better?

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere

First of all, I don't think I said anything bad about Drash in my post. I just stated they might have had a hand in getting certain things done with the tourney.

Put a team together, that is a great idea. I am sure I could put together something...... might just see us down in PCB next year.

And when did softball become about how deep your pockets are?????

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Why so mad flight?

I don't care how many worlds you have won flight the comment was not directed at you, but since you want to interject here goes.

You have won back to back titles, but that was two years ago. What happen, not working harder than the next man last year???
I don't know or care to know who tap1234556 is! I can assure you I plenty of good players on my team. Discussion closed
If you or tap12233 think the rings they won ain't worthy, get your team, pay your entry fee and play. End of story.
Have a good off season, see you on the dirt.

Top Flight 43

Addicted to Softballfans
You may not see us on the dirt because we normally are playing on Sunday. I think you guys may have checked out of your hotel on Saturday and back on I-10. What division do you play in anyway?

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
You got jokes young Jedi!!

You may not see us on the dirt because we normally are playing on Sunday. I think you guys may have checked out of your hotel on Saturday and back on I-10. What division do you play in anyway?

I like your sense of humor flight. We will meet on the dirt someday jefe.
Oh yeah, I will commend the 4 the Fallen team. Nice way to honor our fallen brothers and sisters in arms with this GAME called softball.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
You got jokes young Jedi!!

I like your sense of humor flight. We will meet on the dirt someday jefe.
Oh yeah, I will commend the 4 the Fallen team. Nice way to honor our fallen brothers and sisters in arms with this GAME called softball.

Big Al#55

Photographer
On behalf of All World Sports, thanks to all the teams and families that supported us and participated in our event. It was a very good weekend and some BOMBS were hit. We are open to complaints, suggestions, and anything else that will make this program better. We are two years in the making and will try to get bigger and better. We will not hit the stadium ball next year, probably a 44/400 ball. The screen will be used, liability/insurance issue. All teams will be classified before tournament play. If your sanctioned Varsity A in USSSA, you will play A in AWS. If you finish in the top 10% in Varsity B at USSSA Worlds, you are playing Varsity A at AWS Worlds. Varsity B Champion from SSAA will also be required to play Varsity A at AWS Worlds. Varsity A will be 16 homeruns with no time limit. Varsity B will be 6 homeruns. We are working on the 2013 schedule. It should be ready in the Jan-Feb time frame. There will be the Warfighter Series consisting of 4-6 events with the season ending in Columbus, GA at the South Commons Complex. Location,dates, tbd....................... One event either in Arizona or California is in the works for our west Coast brothers. The program will work if you guys will support us and help it grow. No other association really cares about us or actually listen to us. Flight I would love to hit a stadium at PCB but you and I both know that it'll never happen!!! As far as the DRASH talk, what Jeff does for military softball is unheard of. Love him or hate him, he is actually doing something. Ask the guys and girls at PCB, SSAA, and AWS who are getting rings!!! If you have any complaints or suggestions, feel free to contact me and we can discuss them. Anybody interested in being on the AWS Advisory Board give me a holla. Thanks again to the folks that came out.

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Al,
Big props to you and Brandon for all you have done with the AWS military softball. This tournament just keeps getting better and better every year. Good luck in 2013, wish I were going to be around for the year.

Bryan Hicks
Horsemen Coach

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
Columbus, GA is a great choice....great complex!! NCR will be there to support you fam!

On behalf of All World Sports, thanks to all the teams and families that supported us and participated in our event. It was a very good weekend and some BOMBS were hit. We are open to complaints, suggestions, and anything else that will make this program better. We are two years in the making and will try to get bigger and better. We will not hit the stadium ball next year, probably a 44/400 ball. The screen will be used, liability/insurance issue. All teams will be classified before tournament play. If your sanctioned Varsity A in USSSA, you will play A in AWS. If you finish in the top 10% in Varsity B at USSSA Worlds, you are playing Varsity A at AWS Worlds. Varsity B Champion from SSAA will also be required to play Varsity A at AWS Worlds. Varsity A will be 16 homeruns with no time limit. Varsity B will be 6 homeruns. We are working on the 2013 schedule. It should be ready in the Jan-Feb time frame. There will be the Warfighter Series consisting of 4-6 events with the season ending in Columbus, GA at the South Commons Complex. Location,dates, tbd....................... One event either in Arizona or California is in the works for our west Coast brothers. The program will work if you guys will support us and help it grow. No other association really cares about us or actually listen to us. Flight I would love to hit a stadium at PCB but you and I both know that it'll never happen!!! As far as the DRASH talk, what Jeff does for military softball is unheard of. Love him or hate him, he is actually doing something. Ask the guys and girls at PCB, SSAA, and AWS who are getting rings!!! If you have any complaints or suggestions, feel free to contact me and we can discuss them. Anybody interested in being on the AWS Advisory Board give me a holla. Thanks again to the folks that came out.

Sonny

I liked the format. made for a fun end of the year tournament where everyone could just swing away and it still stayed safe. As far as Moody's suggestions:

1. ABSOLUTELY!! took us a good 3 games and 4 different umpires telling us 4 different rules to figure out when you could hit a foul ball and when you could hit the screen without getting out
2. I like the stadium balls. it took the shaved bats out of the game and the only games that were hr derbys were the couple y'all played against scraps.
3. YUP!!! AGREED
4. Agreed AND it'll take care of the hr derbies. I understand they wanna make it like Boones but dang it gets a little boring out there LOL.

Was a great weekend of ball!!! Congrats to the scraps for winning it! Well Deserved! Our bats just went cold in the if game... Just a few recommendations to better it for next year. GREAT Tournament though!!! We had a blast!!!

1. Put the rules on paper and post them at the park. For example... The website said you can fake and no extra foul... but when we showed up Friday that was changed.
2. No need for stadium balls on a 300ft fence. Don't get me wrong... it was fun... but it turns the game into a glorified team home run derby. Almost takes defense out of the game for the top teams.
4. If you leave it unlimited and use stadium balls. You HAVE to be able to fake! If you cannot fake, there is nothing to get the hitter off balance. Batter sits... waits for a cookie and hits it out. See #2.

I hope that this is not taken the wrong way. Just my suggestions on "possible" changes to make for 2013! Great Tournament!