Back at it Log

wcoastsoftball

Ok, so tomorrow I am going to start on the recommendations the WTP gave me. Pretty simple stuff, but a challenge to change a bit of my eating habits. Here are my stats currently.

6' 1.5"
220#
15.5% (according to home Tanita scale)

All measurements relaxed:
Neck 16.25"
Shoulders 49.75"
Chest 44.25"
Waist 40.5"
Hips 40"
Upper arms 13.25"
Upper legs 26.5"
Calf 15.5"

Striving for 100% adherence, but expecting 85-90%, lol. Will be continueing with the Wendler workout for one more month, then once season starts will be changing to Show and Go 2 day.

wcoastsoftball

Quick update, going to do full measurements again Sunday.

Weekend was tough diet wise due to all day basketball tournaments I had to cover. We have a great hospitality room set up that is too good to resist, thankfully they provide decent food as well.

Sickness prevailed Monday night into Tuesday morn so training was put on hold until today, however I have noticed the past two weeks I "skipped" monday and tues training and did/plan on doing wed/thurs/fri. My wife noticed a little arm growth, I noticed a bit stronger on the lifts. Weighed in at 219 this morning.

wcoastsoftball

4 weeks ago I started on instructions from WTP. It was basic and simple, easy to follow.

Eat only when you are hungry, regardless of your activity level. You will have to listen to your body. In the beginning, you may confuse many of its signals with being hungry.

When you are hungry;

Prior to each meal:
--1tbsp of fish oil
--1tbsp of olive oil
--large glass of water

Meal allowances:
--healthy non-processed foods
--keep red meat at a minimum, use fish and chicken instead
--replace all carbs from 1 meal with fiber/greens

I would say I listened about 80-85% of the time. I am not going to make excuses, however we went to Disney last weekend and this past weekend I worked our Regional Wrestling tournament, which is two days of sitting along with a great hospitality room full of good tasting food. Regardless I didn't go crazy and pretty much followed his instructions along with eating pretty much as I usually do. I also slacked in the exercise-hitting about 9 of 16 workouts.

Here are the changes, I gained a pound to 221, BF stayed the same (maybe I needed the break from training?) The only changes in measurements were chest grew 1/2 inch, upper legs grew about 1/2 inch, calves up 1/4 inch. Waist decreased 1/4 inch. While we can ponder what changes could have occured under 100% adherence and all training sessions hit...I will say this one thing-I felt much better in the monring and my joints felt less "achy" AM and PM.

Changing these simple aspects of your daily routine, or eating habits is something I would suggest to anyone looking to get ahold of their habits. I am going to revamp my training program to return tot he SHow and Go 2-day and try to hit more interval training sessions along with these suggestions for the remainder of the school year.

wcoastsoftball

Headed back to the Show and Go today (2-day a week). Took a couple weeks off to heal upsome lingering issues, but they are still showing themselves. Either way, dang am I out of shape. Reverese Lunges from deficit had me breathing hard. Regardless, going to roll with this for a month then move to the 3-day a week.

wcoastsoftball

I rolled with Show and Go and High Powered Handbook from 2011 to June of 2014. I took the last year off training (with the occasional attempt at a workout here and there) just because I lost interest.

I am now a week back into a modified 3-day Show and Go. Basically the routine, I eliminated some fluff due to time. I alternate the S&G and HPH warmups and change up the sprinting Tues and Thurs.

Also getting to eat a little better, or at least plan each meal out each week before. Previously it was either workout planned with a random dietary intake or a planned diet with no workout. I don't know how people do it now-a-days. We were spending about $150 on average on weekly food, 2 adults, 2 kids...planning the meals, the first week was $350 and this week $190. I couldn't imagine going 100% organic, which is how food is supposed to be anyways.

Scale is showing about 227, so hope to get to around 215 by summers end. My play defensively showed my lack of work ethic, flexibility and sluggishness this past season and I hope to change that.

Not sure how much I will keep up with this, but at least I have it documented.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Good luck! I need to start one of these or something. Gotta hold myself accountable. It's been tough getting up at 5am and getting home at 7pm 4 out of the 7 days a week with my new job.