Backyard hitting net

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
What are you all using in the backyard? I have one of those pop-up nets but I'm terrified of a random mi**** going over the net and off into the abyss of my neighbors. I'd like to add something so I don't need to worry about it, given I'm in the city and have a tiny backyard.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
I bought a bow-net about 5 or 6 years ago and really like it. It isn't cheap price-wise, but I think I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
I have the big mouth and I set the tee up pretty close to it. I've miss hit, maybe a half dozen over it in all the years I've used it. That was probably early on before I figured out where to set the tee up. I can't remember the last time I did that.

lakeyale13

Manager
I have a Primeo (or maybe it's "Primed"...cant tell if its an O or a D) hitting net. Got it on sale at ****'s for $90. I have probably hit several hundred balls into it with only one miss hit over the net.

Two things really help. One, don't set the Tee higher than an inch or two over your belly button. Two, make sure the Tee is close enough to the net to avoid a miss hit going over.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are you all using in the backyard? I have one of those pop-up nets but I'm terrified of a random mi**** going over the net and off into the abyss of my neighbors. I'd like to add something so I don't need to worry about it, given I'm in the city and have a tiny backyard.
I'm thinking of trying one of those in front of a big tree I have. I'll be facing a flag lot and I think that there's no possible way I can hit anything but the net or the tree on that 3% chance I miss the net.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is one that attached to your garage door that I'd like to try, but my garage doesn't have enough room in it to even consider that.

Redsfan

If you miss the 7 foot net completely, you should just stop playing.

This is so true. I have a net I purchased at Richard's Sporting Goods and tee set up in my basement beside a sliding glass door. Not once have I ever worried about missing the net and busting any windows. Haha.

dunno

If you have some extra sheets, blankets and some bunji or rope its pretty easy to rig a barrier up

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is so true. I have a net I purchased at Richard's Sporting Goods and tee set up in my basement beside a sliding glass door. Not once have I ever worried about missing the net and busting any windows. Haha.
How many have you hit off the ceiling?

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got a 7” x 7” hitting net but having garage bays at work it will work out better especially for the winter.

D-ROCK13

I use a 5 foot bownet type in my garage, works well if you set up close, every once in a while i'll cut too hard and go over the net into the ceiling, should've gotten the 7 footer lol It's worse when you hit a liner into the net just right and it rebounds back at you

Committed

Anyone else get into a rhythm where the ball pops back from the netting pocket and spins back to you? It’s strange but awfully convenient to hit it, catch the ball and place right back on the tee.