Not GTG Bagz

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I personally am not ****Ing on anyone, and as most in this thread have stated unfortunately it is on seller to make sure package arrives with then product that was sold and If there are issues as I'm sure you well know seller must do all foot work with whoever they sent the package with to get to the bottom of the issue..

Not blaming bagz or anyone else other than possibly USPS or whoever he sent package with..

stillballin

The Veteran
I have read this a few times... and a few things just doesn't seem to make sense...

when every I ship a bat the post office weighs the package and applies the label then puts the box in outgoing mail... so if the label has the weight of 2lbs it seems that most likely the mercy was sent as described... the roll of graphite weighing 4lbs was not sent...

the second thing is why did the seller waited 2 months after he received the package to ask for help... I feel like if it was me I might have to say something right away if I spent 200 on a bat and it didn't arrive as described... here's the og post

http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/ds-l-s-miken.1429640/#post-18736951

I can only think that the seller sent the bat as described and either the buyer switched the contents, someone else had access to the package before the seller received it and switched the contents or the post office has a issue... nothing was mentioned about the package being tampered with (re-taped) or opened.. or if the buyer had the package delivered to a porch, home or business...

RustyShakleford

2 months? the thread you linked to was from july, this thread was also started in july.

the whole point is the buyer did not get what they paid for. it appears the switch was made in route to the buyer. the seller never gave a refund. the seller is ngtg.

stillballin

The Veteran
2 months? the thread you linked to was from july, this thread was also started in july.

the whole point is the buyer did not get what they paid for. it appears the switch was made in route to the buyer. the seller never gave a refund. the seller is ngtg.

my mistake... yes both threads were started in july...

JP21

Everyone that's ****ting on Bagz can **** off. He's loooong time good to go and based on that, I'd question the merit of the OPs posts/claim. Bagz and i have done numerous deals and there's no rhyme or reason for him to scam someone over a mercy after all this time.

well if he wants to keep his GTG rep as a looooong time member HE SHOULD REFUND THE MONEY... Sucks for him to be out the $200 BUT it is his responsibility to ensure the bat gets to its intended recipient.. The buyer was looking for a Mercy and got a roll of plastic. Seller sold a "so called mercy" and got $200 in return.. Buyer got the short end on this deal 100%.. Seller needs to refund and claim with UPS.... well worth $200 to keep his rep up IMO.. Sucks though for both parties

bigd36

But how do you know that the buyer didn't get the bat and lied about it...it's ultimately a word against word situation. I just don't see how the seller is at fault if he in fact sent a package showing proof of weight and shipping info. So since someone else screwed up, the seller takes the fall? Sounds like the bat was switched on the buyers end, but no one knows but the buyer and seller. Btw, I read the rules and don't get things twisted just because I'm a new member. Everyone was new at some point.

RustyShakleford

But how do you know that the buyer didn't get the bat and lied about it...it's ultimately a word against word situation. I just don't see how the seller is at fault if he in fact sent a package showing proof of weight and shipping info. So since someone else screwed up, the seller takes the fall? Sounds like the bat was switched on the buyers end, but no one knows but the buyer and seller. Btw, I read the rules and don't get things twisted just because I'm a new member. Everyone was new at some point.
the seller is responsible for getting the bat to the seller. if some thing happens in shipping, then they give a refund and use the insurance from the shipping company.

JP21

You buy a ipad tablet from Walmart and get home and open it only to find a piece of plywood instead of an ipad... you then go back to Walmart and either receive another ipad or in this case a Demarini Mercy OR you get your money back...

How can a sale be final when the buyer did not received the intended item... From my stand point, the seller has switched the item (bat for plastic) and has kept the $200, the only reason i state that is because he has done nothing to rectify the issue... blame falls solely on the seller ... To play the card of "its not my fault" is complete BS!!!!... it is 100% his issue until the seller either gets a Mercy or cash.... I would have refunded the money immediately and took this up with UPS... if UPS denies the claim.. oh well.. you never ship with them again and it was a $200 lesson... Someone is getting coal for Christmas :mad:

Last edited:

stillballin

The Veteran
this is what I am wondering... it has happened before when the buyer claimed not to receive a bat.... started calling the seller out for a refund... then as it turns out the buyer had the mercy on ebay a month later...

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
this is what I am wondering... it has happened before when the buyer claimed not to receive a bat.... started calling the seller out for a refund... then as it turns out the buyer had the mercy on ebay a month later...
This deal you mention bro was also a(VGTG) member that pulled the shenanigans..

With this deal the buyer showed pics of the roll of plastic and I believe pic of the weight sticker being 4lbs which we all know a bat weighs 2+ lbs give or take, seller says he file two claims which were denied but did he mention to the courier that the weight stick changed from the time he shipped to the time buyer received package..

Yes it is a hassle having to go through all of that but did seller ask for an investigation of said differences in weights..

It is unfortunate but anyone that has been on this board for years knows protocol is refund and take it up with courier..

And sure the buyer may have pulled one or they may not have,

People say buy the insurance for the value of the bat but that doesn't guarantee buyer will get what they pay for as with this other deal mentioned if I'm selling to someone with little or no feedback I send package with signature confirmation and tell them if package doesn't look/feel right or whatever then don't sign/accept the package.

tbipitch

Swinging Bunter

This is why you get insurance and like hitless45 said, have the buyer open on the spot with signature confirmation. If it was a roll of plastic in the package and not a bat like it was supposed to be, there will be a witness from the shipping company to confirm as well since they have to be there while being signed for. This would make the insurance claim much easier and hassle free or so it seems. Just my $.02, but I had a knob brake in transit once from USPS and settled with the buyer on a partial refund. But yeah, it is the sellers responsibility, hands down.

bigd36

I totally understand the protocol on the board, but again either the buyer or seller is going to get screwed over...the best situation I can see is t0 do what tbipitch said and open before confirmation.

Country469

As a seller........you need to pay the extra $1.50 or whatever for signature service. Its worth it, trust me. If they sign for it, they are accepting the package point blank. There are rules in place for consumer protection so stop being cheap and lazy and this type of stuff doesn't happen.

bigd36

I was reading the threads like everyone else on here does...why do you always have your input on every thread and always commenting? I've noticed a pattern on here with you RustyShakleford, you comment on EVERYONE'S threads!

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
You buy a ipad tablet from Walmart and get home and open it only to find a piece of plywood instead of an ipad... you then go back to Walmart and either receive another ipad or in this case a Demarini Mercy OR you get your money back...

How can a sale be final when the buyer did not received the intended item... From my stand point, the seller has switched the item (bat for plastic) and has kept the $200, the only reason i state that is because he has done nothing to rectify the issue... blame falls solely on the seller ... To play the card of "its not my fault" is complete BS!!!!... it is 100% his issue until the seller either gets a Mercy or cash.... I would have refunded the money immediately and took this up with UPS... if UPS denies the claim.. oh well.. you never ship with them again and it was a $200 lesson... Someone is getting coal for Christmas :mad:

care to explain how it was weighed at the proper 2 pound weight when it was out of the sellers hands?

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
Its the sellers issue UNTIL its in the buyers hands... how hard is that to see.. fak

lots of people dancing around the fact it was weighed at the proper 2 pounds when it wasn't in the sellers possession. you sir are adding to that number.

JP21

lots of people dancing around the fact it was weighed at the proper 2 pounds when it wasn't in the sellers possession. you sir are adding to that number.

AND AGAIN if it gets to the buyer and weighs 4 lbs it is still the sellers issue.. If it was tampered with during shipping how the fak is that the buyers issue..

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
AND AGAIN if it gets to the buyer and weighs 4 lbs it is still the sellers issue.. If it was tampered with during shipping how the fak is that the buyers issue..

i have no dog in this fight, but refer to post #42. thats all im saying.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
you keep stating your opinions over and over while completely disregarding the board protocol. Don't sell on here if you don't like it.

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
but you're an idiot that no one should listen to

images_zpscq1vinzx.jpg

stillballin

The Veteran
from everything i've seen via pics, the bat was weighed in transit, out of the sellers hands, at 2 pounds. yet when the buyer gets the package its magically 4 pounds. how can that be the sellers fault?

I agree with this.... I am not defending the seller or buyer and haven't dealt with either one before... the only thing that doesn't add up is the word of the buyer... all other facts such as the correct weight of the package when shipped makes sense... I doubt a postal worker would risk his job by committing mail fraud and switching out a 200 dollar bat... if a insurance claim was processed and denied that means that the post masters and mail carrier was questioned in a inquiry... I just hate to have issues like this become a trend on these boards... used to be a great place to find some great bats...

RustyShakleford

I agree with this.... I am not defending the seller or buyer and haven't dealt with either one before... the only thing that doesn't add up is the word of the buyer... all other facts such as the correct weight of the package when shipped makes sense... I doubt a postal worker would risk his job by committing mail fraud and switching out a 200 dollar bat... if a insurance claim was processed and denied that means that the post masters and mail carrier was questioned in a inquiry... I just hate to have issues like this become a trend on these boards... used to be a great place to find some great bats...
you are wrong