ball go "phhhhhewwwww!!" 19 nautalai el

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
Put a hundred more swings on it at lunch. There is definitely a difference from my initial post but I still find I have to swing HARD, or really try to get some whip to get the ball to go.
I still don't feel the ball comes off the barrel very fast compared to the two other bats I had to compare...

I can only attribute it to the metal handle.. Maybe I'm just not strong enough to generate enough bat speed or whip with it... I also tried hitting a well broken in FF3 and a Freak Primo, both in 27 oz, and was pumping those out of the field with ease.

Guess the Nautalai just isn't for me.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
ya man, they feel super true to weight... almost light. The Bal version are SUPER balanced. Go up a weight on those imo.

I'm confused about the balanced and midload labeling on the white bat. Demarini advertises it as a balanced bat but it says midload on the barrel. Anyone know if these two are interchangeable?

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Incorrect. It says Balanced on the barrel.

They're the same item # WTDXNAU_19. SBF lists it as a mid load and Demarini's website lists it as a balanced. Anyway I'm looking for a real balanced bat because my balanced WFF is midloaded. I'm about to pull the trigger on my first Demarini in 5 years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190713-200440-540x1170.jpg
    Screenshot_20190713-200440-540x1170.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20190713-200149-810x1755.jpg
    Screenshot_20190713-200149-810x1755.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 13

CanadianClint

Well ive got 26.5s and 27.5s at a local store here. I normally swing a 27 w/ .5 (Purple Haze/KP23) or a 27 1oz (Pure Meltron) I bought the omega 2 27.5 and buyers remorse it barely got any use because it was too heavy. Any feedback on weight from someone who has swung similar bats? Dying to pull the trigger w/ my friends discount from work lol

Big Lebombski

Personal opinion is that the KP23 is way better...lol...
I had both, the 26.5 Nautalai felt good and I sold it thinking it was light, which was a mistake. And the 27.5 I never got along with cause I just didn't like it.
The 26.5 was better overall for me and I swing 27 normally.

Last edited:

Don1952

Addicted to Softballfans
Question for the people who bought a '19 nautalai el.
Did you love it or hate it ?
The best or just okay?
Still going strong or cracked?
How many hits?

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
Question for the people who bought a '19 nautalai el.
Did you love it or hate it ?
The best or just okay?
Still going strong or cracked?
How many hits?

Mine has 500+ swings. Goin strong! Everyone on my team LOVES it and have a few that borrow it everytime they play in GSL so the "hitter" can use it. It's just stupid at this point and am sure it's nowhere near passing. Has a decent sand rattle. Personally I like it but dont LOVE it. I'm just not as consistent as I'd like with it. All I can figure, is its much less EL than I normally swing/prefer so it messes with my timing. Im much more consistent with my WFF. Feel like I square up about 90% of time with WFF compared to 60-70% with naut. The extra junk in the trunk of the WFF just compliments my swing better. However, I have hit a few of the farthest balls I've ever hit with the naut.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Which has more endload? The Nautili or new Brungardt? Reports were that the Brungardt was gonna have more, however I’ve heard some people saying the red Nautili feels more endloaded.

Last edited:

CanadianClint

Which has more endload? The Nautili or new Brungardt? Reports were that the Brungardt was gonna have more, however I’ve heard some people saying the red Nautili feels more endloaded.
New DB44 nautalai. Endloaded 1oz vs .5. mass index on 26 is 835 vs 850 ... 27oz is 900 vs 915. The higher the number the more mass meaning more endload feel. But you are talking short barrel vs 13

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
New DB44 nautalai. Endloaded 1oz vs .5. mass index on 26 is 835 vs 850 ... 27oz is 900 vs 915. The higher the number the more mass meaning more endload feel. But you are talking short barrel vs 13

I am talking 13” barrel vs 13” barrel. 1/2 oz endload vs 1oz endload. The 2020 USSSA Brungardt vs the 2019 Endloded Nautali. The Mass index which you are referring to states a 26oz Naualai with a .5oz endload has a mass index of 835. That would be great if they made a 26oz. They only come 25.5 or 26.5. And the 2020 Brungardt with a 1oz endload isn’t listed for mass index. Only the twisted mistress. That bat ina. 26oz has a mass index of 850. However it’s not apples to apples there because the Twisted Mistress, although a similar platform has a different barrel make up therefore a different mass index than the Brungardt. So I would refer back to my previous question. For those that have swung both...which feels more endloaded? What I have heard is the the Brungardt actually feels less endload than the Nautali in the lower weight but eventually overtakes it as you move up in weight.

basilray

I had the 2020 DB in 27oz briefly, and the EL was pretty notable, especially when compared to, say, a Flipper USA in the same weight.

I ended up trading it for a 28oz balanced Nautalai and have been very happy w/ it.

SwingTheD206

I am talking 13” barrel vs 13” barrel. 1/2 oz endload vs 1oz endload. The 2020 USSSA Brungardt vs the 2019 Endloded Nautali. The Mass index which you are referring to states a 26oz Naualai with a .5oz endload has a mass index of 835. That would be great if they made a 26oz. They only come 25.5 or 26.5. And the 2020 Brungardt with a 1oz endload isn’t listed for mass index. Only the twisted mistress. That bat ina. 26oz has a mass index of 850. However it’s not apples to apples there because the Twisted Mistress, although a similar platform has a different barrel make up therefore a different mass index than the Brungardt. So I would refer back to my previous question. For those that have swung both...which feels more endloaded? What I have heard is the the Brungardt actually feels less endload than the Nautali in the lower weight but eventually overtakes it as you move up in weight.
I swing a 27.5oz Nautalai, it feels less endloaded than Dale's 27oz Nautalai.

belly43

Bored without softball
Very unimpressed with it. Never really opened up,cracked within 130 swings,and thought the 26.5 was extremely light

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans

I own both and can say that the 27oz Dale def has more EL than the 2019 27.5. In all honesty the 2019 27.5 didnt impress me at all in terms of EL. Kinda of felt like a hybrid of mid load and EL. The bat itself has been fantastic. But swung VERY lite. Similar to my old JH Lite 27.5.

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
Havent hit it yet.... just got it as a return for red natty that cracked. So cant compare hitting performance yet.... BUT in the hand it def feels more EL than last years. VERY VERY similar to the DB44 naut I have. Would almost question if it's just a repaint of the DB44. Cuz In hand with eyes closed I cant tell them apart!

FLEET

bowling ball nut swanga
i imagine these new demas are dirty. i'm still swingin an og one and fu dawg and they rope.

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a 2019 Nautalai 28.5 oz back in February and loved the thing. It lasted till about September till it started cracking and finally blew in October.

I received the 2020 as a replacement in the first week of November and it just cracked after less than 100 swings. It was crazy hot while it lasted, but I'm extremely bummed I didn't even get 11 combined months out of that warranty.