Bass Homerun Showdown Jeff Hall vs. Canseco Video has arrived!

DDP16

Addicted to Softballfans
Joses bat speed is stupid. It looks like his swing has improved since some of his earlier youtube videos.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Glad to finally see the video, but was there not one person
in the area that had an HD camera:confused:

phoenix26

Joses bat speed is stupid. It looks like his swing has improved since some of his earlier youtube videos.

I went to a ton of A's games when he was here and his bat speed
looks as fast as ever. Not quite as fast as the top deck shot at the
Skydome back in the day but still fast for his age.

LazerShowMike

Banned User
Glad to finally see the video, but was there not one person
in the area that had an HD camera:confused:

Yeah that was unfortunate. I had to travel from KC to Alabama, and couldn't bring the nice camera. Plus with the overcast sky it made it real tough to see where the ball was going. Sorry guys this is the best we could do with 2 days notice.

phoenix26

Crazy that Jose wanted to use an ASA bat and still put up 8. He probably could have beat Jeff had he used the First Degree

Maybe not beat him..total wise..but I would be curious how much
more distance he would have got. Then again, how much more than
530' do you need?:D

phoenix26

Yeah that was unfortunate. I had to travel from KC to Alabama, and couldn't bring the nice camera. Plus with the overcast sky it made it real tough to see where the ball was going. Sorry guys this is the best we could do with 2 days notice.

I see. Only thing that might have helped was the camera angle.
Maybe next time have it a bit lower to catch the balls in flight?

TheShowdown

Addicted to Softballfans
There was alot of overcast and fog that day....This looks alot better compared to some of the pictures Ive seen from some of my friends that attended

DDP16

Addicted to Softballfans
halls swing is so much more fluid than jose. Jose does that weird hand motion before every swing

A lot of guys do that, Helmer does his version of it, Don Dedonatis JR does it a lot more exaggerated than Jose. Its a timing thing for some guys

spurlock4dcs

Addicted to Softballfans
WOW. Great video!
Very impressed with Jose honestly. But I think he will purely be a power hitter. I don't think he could ever hit for the average JH hits for year after year. I'm a big Bass fan and a JC fan but, lets see if he can go to some A Class ball tournaments with a HR limit and see if he can go back side and hit .800 in a weekend like JH can.
I'd like to see it but....Won't happen.

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
well Jeff confimed it this was all premeditated and Jose will be the new Bass Bomber... This was nothing more than a bombers BP session made into a media event...

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
Are these two representing Bass in the Stadium Power Tour?

Like I said in my posts last week, anyone who didn't believe there were talks going on before these shenanigans went down in Alabama is naive. Jeff said it twice, "this is the first time I have had a chance to hit with Canseco and I am looking forward to it this year". The new "bash brothers". It was all a marketing ploy. Anyone who actually believes there wasn't communication before the day they flew canseco out is naive, just not how business works.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
well Jeff confimed it this was all premeditated and Jose will be the new Bass Bomber... This was nothing more than a bombers BP session made into a media event...

If it was just a publicity stunt they would have taken their time and really put together a show.
For such short notice this was a good deal for everyone who likes to see the long ball.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
Like I said in my posts last week, anyone who didn't believe there were talks going on before these shenanigans went down in Alabama is naive. Jeff said it twice, "this is the first time I have had a chance to hit with Canseco and I am looking forward to it this year". The new "bash brothers". It was all a marketing ploy. Anyone who actually believes there wasn't communication before the day they flew canseco out is naive, just not how business works.

Sorry to bust your bubble but it was put together in just a couple of days and bass jumped at the challenge by jose.
Give them credit, they saw an oppertunity and jumped on it.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
Three things I learned from this video:

1) It's funny how Jose makes JH look small. Whatever he's taking, it's working.
2) I knew Bass had a horrible graphic designer. I didn't think anything could be worse than their bat graphics until I saw those horrible jackets.
3) If you're going to fly your two poster-children out to make a commercial, using an iphone camera to film it is apparently GTG.

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
Jose's swing looks very different from his early youtube softball stuff.

I was honestly just thinking the same thing, not nearly out on his front foot as much anymore. The man was a professional athlete at the highest level for a long time. I just don't see why people doubt him. You put him around people that know the sport and that will work with him, he could easily be a monster if he will listen and learn.