Bass Signs Two New Factory Guys

#2 @ infield

Addicted to Softballfans
I took my pinky out of the wrapper this past sat hitting a mix of 44/400, 44/525, 44/375 i put around 75 swings on it and 2 other guys put about 25 on it. I hit the bat again sunday putting about another 30 swings on it. Bat is webbed up but no signs of cracks or anything. I will have to say that i was hot very hot i hit a cpl balls around the 325 to 340 range and trust me i am no homerun hitter most of my shots are op field. I will be able to tell you more later on how it holds up but right now its right. I am planning on a demo day here soon in NC and welcome anyone and everyone down to hit with there bats. I am also having a SuperDraft in March and everyone is welcome there will be bats there to swings as well.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
hall will tell you himself, take one day of bp with the Bass bats and then only use them for games. They aren't made to be bp bats, they are made for ultimate performance. The pinky is my personal favorite.

skew12

hall will tell you himself, take one day of bp with the Bass bats and then only use them for games. They aren't made to be bp bats, they are made for ultimate performance. The pinky is my personal favorite.

That's great he says that. Especially since he isn't dropping $300-400 a bat...

Sherwood17

Mizuno Field Advisor

They are built for performace, I applaud them for that. But if I'm gonna spend that kinda money I wanna get more than 200 swings out of it.

OG_\FlyingPigs

Purrrrrr

What bat do they suggest for the Bass swinger that wants to hit a ton of BP?

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
Can't wait to see JH or Jose give their testimonial. I don't think either one of them will play with Steve's prison ministry. If they set foot in the prison, they might not be allowed to leave.

OG_\FlyingPigs

Purrrrrr
Can't wait to see JH or Jose give their testimonial. I don't think either one of them will play with Steve's prison ministry. If they set foot in the prison, they might not be allowed to leave.

Jose will get prison sliced, they hate snitches there.

Smokies26

Manager
Seriously???? Do you not pay attention? guys move companies ALL THE TIME, its all business, so is this really your arguement??? wasnt rusty with mizuno before combat? wasnt jeff with easton way back in the day then worth now us? Guys change endorsements all the time... so is this really your arguement??

Why you going to argue or feel the need to defend this if you are so excited and it is such a great thing?? If you know it is a great thing and a no brainer you dont need to justify yourself, especially here. This post makes it seem like you want the approval of everyone here that it was a good move, when you should just know it is.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
So you are starting your conversion to something else??? Maybe Bass? How about the Bass "Herts So Good" Got another factory player right here for ya Trey

daddy works for no one

if i switched, it'd probably be to demarini. all those ****ers are sammy davis type cool compared to this pink and mandingo fail

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
fixed it for you.

On a better note. This is a good pickup for you guys. Both Steve and Bob love the game and know it very well. But here is my concern....You have all of these "sponsored players" to get your product out there. But yet you dont offer any discounts on anything. Every other company on out there has Reps that can get you a discount on anything their company makes. So why is it that being a new company do you not feel the need to put the product in the hands of the common player?? Everything you sell is overpriced and lacking in quality. And before you say that I must have never used your products before then you are wrong. The leather in your gloves is cheap overseas leather. I was able to hit a NIW 1st Degree and after putting 200 swings on it me and a buddy had it in half using Classic M Gold Dots. The shoes are very uncomfortable and and not durable.

well put...

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

x3

Sherwood17 i am a rep for bass and a very common player I only play E ball. I myself have been working with alot of guys in my area get a chance to swing there bats. Just this past weekend had some guys come down and try out the the pinky and 1st degree. I also had some turfs for them to and look at an try on. I have wore both elite turfs and now bass turfs and i have to say i like the bass turfs better. I have working really hard to help the guys out around here learn more and get a chance to use there products before they buy one to make sure its what they want. I personally believe thats its us small guys that help promote product.

Ok, so you're one guy in NC doing what you can do to get the name out there. You are pretty much as far out on the east coast as you can get. What is going to make everyone else west of you like guys, a guy like me that plays in the Chicago area want to try Bass bats? The horrible advertising campaigns, the terrible HR Derby footage that was put up? The catchy bat names and excellent graphics? The less than stellar quality of the one and only Bass glove I have ever owned? The constant durability issues I as well as everyone else has heard about? Oh wait maybe it's the $300 price tag when I can proven bats from proven companies for 2/3's that price?

What kills me is that you aren't that much different than 3n2 sports, small company with the highest prices. You have the smallest share of the market and want to get your name out there but you charge the highest prices for your products. Business class 101 "best form of advertising is word of mouth". There are no bigger mouths than the ones on SBF to get the word out over 55,000 members here, that would spread the word much faster than 1 guy in NC with a few sample bats or turfs in his car to show a couple of E ballers he plays with. No offense to #2 but no matter how hard you strive your efforts will fail in comparison to what could be achieved just by doing some things properly on this site. The signing of Jose Canseco will do very little for sales compared to what good word of mouth from this board would create.

I would start by signing less big names who have sketchy pasts and spend more time catering to those who actually buy your product and make it affordable for people across the country from A ball to E ball. If you spend $200 bucks on a bat and it lasts 500-1000 hits that are all pretty much hot right away chances are better that someone will be a repeat customer than someone who spent $300 on a bat that lasted the same time...

Then maybe get a hold of some GTG board members who swing competitors brands, or wear different companies turfs, or are particular to a certain brand glove and send them some of your products to try out and give an honest review. The fact is your reps like all other reps sing the praises of your company and every other company cause they are either paid to, get free stuff to use whenever they need it, or get to try new stuff before it comes out or all of the above. Nothing against the reps on here but generally it's hard to trust them because for the most part we know they are biased for some reason... We all know Hall and Canseco can crush a ball, they can do it with any bat. Sales will come from the guy who isn't playing A ball but the guy who wants to use everything legal in his power to hit like them.. Seeing them hit like that doesn't make me want to hit what they are hitting they can do it with EVERY bat...
IJS...

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
First I want to thank Kevin and Trey for the oppertunity to join this growing company.
I can assure people that as the tourney season kicks into gear you will see more bass products, we are getting plans in place to let guys try the product and build a trust in our product.
I will be here to answer questions and take suggestions from you, the players that make this game great.
If you have suggestions please send me an email as might be expected my pm box fills up pretty quick.
Look for us to continue with our videos and the testing that you all expect.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
When are the

Steve
BASS.jpg
Woodward

t-shirts coming out?