Bat Bag With Built In Cooler

GT Yankee

Addicted to Softballfans
Hi All-I live in the desert and recently have been going through 4-6 bottles of water for double headers. Kinda tired of schlepping a separate cooler in addition to my bat bag and would like to get a bat bag with a decent built in cooler that keeps beverages cold without leaking. I looked at previous posts on this but most seem to be 6-7 years old and thus the bags suggested are no longer readily available. Ideally I'd like enough room to hold 6 bottles/cans, not just a pocket that would only hold 1 or 2. These are 4 I've found that would seem to work. Any info on them or other suggestions are much appreciated.
1. Mobile Edge Deluxe Baseball/Softball Bag
2. ABD Athlete Super Sports Bag
3. Incredible Carry All Bat Bag With Cooler (Can't get them to return calls or emails)
4. Champion Sports Deluxe Players Bag

Thanks

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the Mobile Edge bag and the cooler works pretty well. It'll hold a 12 pack and keep it coldish for a couple of hours. I usually throw in an icepack so it’ll hold 8 cans comfortably and it’ll keep that cold for half a day at least.

It’s not a huge bag so if you carry a ton of stuff it’s probably not your best option. It’ll hold a glove with a ball in it and other miscellaneous smaller items in the top pocket and it has a separate shoe pocket in the middle. I pitch with a helmet so when I use that bag I have to clip it to the outside.

Your other option if you need more carrying capacity is going with a roller bag with a big enough compartment to throw in a small cooler.

GT Yankee

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks to kingpin119, Scottishheat, Party mafia and especially TomicSquad13 as so far I've been leaning towards the Mobile Edge bag. Actually the fact that it's not overly large I find to be a plus and as far as I can tell to this point, it the cooler seems to hold more than any other I've come across. Keep the suggestions coming and again, thanks!

5oclockHero

definitely +1 on the hydro flasks. one for water and one for booze is how I do it for tourneys. I know this is definitely an out of the box idea but check out the Bag Boy chiller cart bag. its a golf bag but has room for multiple bats(obv) and a few other pockets as well as a full on cooler. you'd definitely get some weird looks but if you golf as well, you'll definitely get your moneys worth lol

GT Yankee

Addicted to Softballfans
90% Going to go with the Mobile Edge. Just figured I'd send this to the top one more time. Thanks to all who have responded.

SandyWH

#Delicious
The new Grit BP01 has a cooler pocket in it. Not labeled in the image below, but its there.

bp01-a.jpg

SandyWH

#Delicious
Got my Grit Batpack today. The cooler pouch will fit three 12oz cans easily, or a 32oz sports drink.

Bag is very deep. Can fit my Worth pitching helmet in the bottom section, along with a second glove.

I will post a review in the next day or two.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i've been using the mobile edge for a few years now and it's held up pretty good. one small rip, the cooler zipper only works from one side (there's two so it still open/closes fine), and the plastic waterproof layer in the cooler started peeling out. I'm going off memory, but i'm pretty sure i've had it for over 5yrs now. the straps, padding, hooks, etc all work like new still.

i really think it's a great compromise of everything. big enough to carry all my gear and some extra clothes, small enough that it still makes sense as a backpack.

no experience with any of the others on the list though, so i don't know if it's better or worse, just that it's good enough for me and still available brand new.