Bat damage

CHE5TER

Addicted to Softballfans
I was thinking about how certain balls are harder on bats than others and I remembered a video on bounce tests. Showing how similar compression but higher cor doesn't do as much damage as the lower Cor does. So my question is.... would a 40/325 ball be harder on a bat than a 47/450? Or is the compression to high to get compensated for the higher Cor? Or would they be similar?

From my experience, I don't feel like I'm doing any more damage using the ultimate evils over the 44/375's. Wondering if I am wrong on that too....

Z1k05

Star Player
The the classic m (40/325) will be harder on the bat compared to the other but would become more significant in cooler temps

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
would a 40/325 ball be harder on a bat than a 47/450?

I’m clearly no expert on the matter but I do firmly believe that the 47/450 specs aren’t as hard on the bat as something like a 40/325.

Something else to consider is weight as well. The BP rockets are lighter than a normal ball as well, which should result in a less damaging impact.

The 44/375 thing would be a tough debate. One big factor going against the 44/375 is the weight. They’re a bit heavier than just about anything else, which would result in more barrel compression on impact.