Need Help Bat Deal

Here's the issue, I sold a Worth Resmondo Duo 3 to Pballin for $125, but when the bat was pulled out of the bag I noticed that the knob was loose and when I took off the bat tape the knob just came completely off...I messaged Pballin right away to let him know and his response was and I quote, " Yeah that's a bit of a problem. I'd say either discount that to cover my local bat doc making a repair that hopefully will last or we should unwind the deal." I told him that a lot of the newer 2pc worths and mikens did that and that I could fix it. He never would send me his phone # but would only message through the board, which was very inconvenient. I told him it was being fixed and now says he wants a refund and that he only wanted his "Bat Doc" to do the repairs. At no time in our conversations did he tell me NOT to fix it so I thought I was doing the right thing. I told him he had 2 options, I could send him the bat or a refund, but he'd have to wait on the refund until I get paid from work. he continued to say he was gonna write up a post in the NGTG section about me which isn't right. I'm the one who has been communicating and trying to do right by making the deal right. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

RustyShakleford

send a refund. he didn't ask you to fix it. also don't spend the money until the deal is done.

this is on you to make it right.

He also never told me not to repair it and he still wanted it even after I told him that the knob came off but now doesn't want it. I offered a refund but he's making it difficult to even do that...poor communication.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Sellers should always have money available to be able to refund the buyer right away. The money sent by the buyer is technically the buyer's money until the deal is done.

RustyShakleford

He also never told me not to repair it and he still wanted it even after I told him that the knob came off but now doesn't want it. I offered a refund but he's making it difficult to even do that...poor communication.
you didn't tell me not to take a bite of your sandwich before giving it to you
- guy at subway

you have his PayPal address. just send the refund. you sound like you're making excuses for your problem

bird25

34/30 Club #25

Sorry.. But by your own quote he gave you 2 options.

" Yeah that's a bit of a problem. I'd say either discount that to cover my local bat doc making a repair that hopefully will last or we should unwind the deal." I

You took it on yourself to take option 3. The poor communication was on your side

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Refund... Yes he didn't tell you not to repair but he gave you two options discount or undo deal..

Look, I just asked for help...I didn't ask for any smartass remarks regarding the situation. The only thing I couldn't understand was he was willing to take the bat initially when I told him about the issue, but then changed his mind when I went to ship it. I have no issue refunding him and I'm NOT trying to make excuses for nothing. Thanks

Btw, those wasn't the options...read carefully and see that he said, "discount the bat so it'll cover him having someone to fix it and send it". I thought I was doing right by fixing it so he's not out trying to have it fixed. There was poor communication all the way through, but regardless I'm refunding the guy and from now on watching who I deal with.