Need Help Bat never showed up.

Skips04

Addicted to Softballfans
Paid for an OG flex

Package never came, so I took the delivery conf. number seller shot me down to the post office. She told me there was no bat there for me. Printed out this sheet for me showing the package was a flat rate envelope weighing 1oz when it was shipped. It says delivered, but I never received the package.

scan0001-2-1.jpg

Seller has lots of gtgs, but I don't know what to do here. All I asked for was proof he shipped a package the size and weight of a bat, because from what they printed out at the PO for the conf. number he gave me, it's not a bat.

What's the appropriate action here? Do I eat this without seeing proof for myself the bat was actually sent?

Last edited:

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
If DC he gave was for a 1oz package that is supposed to go to you, seller has some splainin to do. Maybe there was a mix up on his end, but it needs to be made right. No you don't have to eat it...at least hopefully not. Have you contacted seller?

OtejunK

Art Work Junky
talk to him FIRST - see if things can be worked out - if you cant get in touch with him or he is unwililng to help - let everyone know his mane and maybe a board bro is local or knows him and can help out - if its PP and you run into resistance, file a claim AFTER you talk to him -

get everything in order first - The board will be here to help...

Skips04

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, seller has communicated the whole time. Says he sent the bat and his PO shows it delivered. Obviously the package with that confirmation # is delivered and it wasn't a bat.

Yes, I sent PP as gift. Seller looks gtg. Bad idea? Yeah...but I'm not going to cry about it, it was my mistake. I just want this to get resolved.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
Bats do not fit in any one of the four flat rate square boxes. I'm not a hundred percent but I also don't think any one of the flat rate boxes is 4.90. At least at my post office.

jed.only

Don't judge me.
the flat rates do not ship for 4.90, and neither does a 36" tube or triangle weighing ~3lbs.

ask whats up with that, and the fact the DC says it was a 1oz envelope.

Skips04

Addicted to Softballfans
I've questioned the shipping price and got no real answer. Asked to see the receipt. Last PM he acted like he wasn't going to do anything further to help me out here. I send him a PM telling him I was putting this thread up. If I don't get my money back I have to have proof that a bat was actually shipped.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
no gtg member would send a bat this way and would know 4.90 isnt enough to send a bat. call him out.

nevermind it. i'll call him out swiftbats

BallewTheBear

Addicted to Softballfans
Dude if I were you, I would just start posting all the guys info. Looks like he isn't going to do anything to help so screw him. Plus people on here can start helping you get it resolved....

Skips04

Addicted to Softballfans
Saint posted the link to the thread. He hasn't logged on since I started this. Hopefully he'll come on and tell his side of the story. There's not much else I can put up here, the thread's linked and I've put up the shipping info the PO gave me for the DC # I was given. Here's his chance to defend himself and put up some paperwork proving what I was given wrong. If not, I think it's pretty clear what went on.

dj_morton

Addicted to Softballfans
Man....why the hell would you spend 300 bucks on a bat and not pay the 3% fees....

Doesn't make sense man....Sucks for you man...hopefully someone else won't make this bonehead mistake.

I bet the other guy didn't insure it either.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Bats do not fit in any one of the four flat rate square boxes. I'm not a hundred percent but I also don't think any one of the flat rate boxes is 4.90. At least at my post office.

The cheapest (smallest) flat rate box is $4.95.... don't know about any of the flat rate envelopes.

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
Flat rate envelopes are 4.95.... Someone got screwed here. Hopefully the gift came out of your checking account then you can take it up with the bank. Pp will do nothing for u since you paid with a gift

stork

why are people paying for og flex's as a gift? very bad idea.

<$100 w/ a VGTG member is the only time I would even think about gifting. If they are that adament about it and I really want it, I just kick a few extra bucks for the fees. Not worth gifting. No protection.

Skips04

Addicted to Softballfans
Most recent PM, obviously not going to do anything to help me out.

swiftbats said:
I sent the Flex. It came to about $15, don't recall the exact amount. Not for nothing but the guy at the PO said that this happens all the time when it is scanned and dropped at the end of the day.

Not for nothing but if you have this envelope or whatever can you produce it? What was in this envelope you supposedly got. As far as I am concerned the bat I sent you was delivered according to the post office tracking.

Bonehead on using gift? Yep, lesson learned. I guess I never thought of just adding the fees. On the insurance, this is the first time I've ever paid the "shipped" price and not had a SBF member not insure the package.

What gets me is his last sentence "As far as I am concerned the bat I sent you was delivered according to the post office tracking"...but clearly what concerns me is that info shows it not being a bat. And to answer if I ever got the envelope, no, I didn't. I assumed it was at the post office for me to pick up. It wasn't I never did get to see it. I don't think that really matters though.

stork

See if your bank can do anything for you.
And that guy is a dumbass for not insuring it. Asks for 'gift' on expensive bat and then doesn't insure an expensive bat. If he is on the up n up, he sure didn't really give much of a crap once he got the $.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Bank account.

Not much protection there... as far as your bank's concerned, the money's gone, especially since you initiated the transfer. The only other protection you would have had would be if you paid w/a credit card.

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
File a dispute with your bank. **** pp! Take them all the info you have including private messages