bat purchase advise

vikingextreme93

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a bat recently from a board bro, picked it up Friday the seller said like 100 hits on it and had a rattle already...I got it and it had a pretty good rattle...not just the sand sound, there was a little bit of end cap seperation but nothing I thought much about. I used it today in a tournment, first game no problem..second game, in my 2nd at bat the end cap comes halfway out, I popped it back in and then grabbed another bat. This is the first composite bat I have purchased used from a board bro, is this my problem or do I ask the board bro about this as I have never had a problem before? I am quite certain its not shaved or anything and I am leary about fixing it myself, Any advise welcome!

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
tough situation, but technically you swung it so it is yours. if it is stock, he doesn't have to do anything for you. you can PM him and ask though, that won't hurt. if it is shaved, well then you have the board's back

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Talk to the seller; he may take it back, but given that you've already swung it, he's not obligated to. If you want to fix it, just let it come out on it's own (don't keep slamming it back in), and then use 3M Marine Adhesive 5200 to glue it back in.

vikingextreme93

Addicted to Softballfans
What bat was it?

NRG 500

that and what exactly are you asking about? the deal or how to fix an endcap?

pay no attention to my poor grasp of the english language:D, more asking if I bother contacting the seller.

This is why the only used bats I ever buy are older andersons so the endcap is pinned in. I wasnt to keen about whining to the seller but as I said I never had this problem before.