Bat suggestions - U16

PaulitaAB

My daughter has recently highly stepped her game up, and i am looking to add a bat to her arsenal. She will be the youngest U16 next year, but has been a power hitter in U14.

She currently swings a Demarini Phenix 33/25 (which is an old bat of mine, and its probably a hair too heavy as she fouls over third often before she gets a hit) However when she connects on time she hits doubles triples and HR's. She loves this bat, and while we arent giving it up we are looking to add something new she can get used to for when the phenix bites the bullet.

Shes 5' and about 115 lbs and has a level swing. What would some suggestions be for her?

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Assuming she is consistently hitting for average as well as power, do not go down in weight or length. 33/25 is a big bat, but stick with it if she handles it well. By 18U most girls are swinging 34/24 or 33/23, but I see a few 34/25. 34/26 is for the big hitters. In my experience, players tend to fall in love with how the bat feels when they hit it. Demarinis definitely feel different than Eastons or Louisville Sluggers. See if she can swing a teammate's bat ( or 2 or 3) to get a feel for different manufacturers.

The LS LXT is a great bat, so is the Easton Ghost. Downside of the Ghost- different models for ASA and USSSA. Stay away from the LS PXT, it's a log and overpriced.

If you're going to buy from the store here, send a PM to Milocoman to ask for a better price.

If she really likes her current bat, just get another one.

Bigflipdaddy64

33/23 (maybe a 32/22) LXT or the Xeno, or the 2018/19 Easton Ghost (pending ASA/USSSA), or if you want to drop $$ the 2020 Ghost. My daughters are 13 & 15, but they're a little taller than your daughter. They made the jump from the LS bats to the 18 Ghost and they love it.

bestbatstats

I'm confused when you say her current bat is too heavy and she fouls to third base a lot. That would mean its too light or her timing is off. Unless she is a lefty. If so, she should swing a lighter bat.

Either way, the hottest bats I've seen are the LS Xeno's and the Ghost bats. The LXT is also great.