Bat Tape

RAG101

What the preferred bat tape nowadays? There are tons out there but are they really any better than the classic sports tape?

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
I think that's just a personal preference thing. I personally prefer something like Lizard Skin over sports tape. I also have an old Ressy 454 Sick that still has the factory grip on it because I like it that much.

nickham10

John Deere
vuk grips feel good, thin/comfortable, good grip. different feel than the lizard skins, Vulcans though.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Friction tape if you want the stickiest, hockey tape next, then athletic tape if you want it to be slick after three abs.

r8dr_rider

I just put Vulcan on my new bat. Feels good, hopefully holds up better then lizard skins, those are not durable at all.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I usually keep og grips on until they wear out then if i find a lizards skin for cheap I'll throw one on..

I received a bat from BOLTMAN21 and he did a nice tape job, dont recall what kinda tape it is but feels very nice imo.. maybe he'll chime in on this thread to luk so i can grab spme of it

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
prefer grip to tape but it doesn't matter much to me. stock is fine and I add a small taper to all my bats at the knob with hockey tape.