Buyer Beware BatDoc12 - Bad Deal

So I recently made a deal with "BatDoc" and everything was going good until he wanted me to send my bat off and he never sent his, nor did he communicate anymore. He sent me texts saying that he was on his way to the post office with the bat and that he would send me video with tracking but later told me that his wife was the one who sent the bat off and was waiting on her to send him the tracking confirmation. Red flag went up when he first told me that he was on his way to send it off and later when I asked for tracking info that his wife sent it off...also the fact that he did not send pics of the bat being sent off. This is all the stuff he sent me through texts, luckily I caught my bat before it shipped out from the post office. This is why no matter if you're new member or a long time member on here, that long time members try screwing over new members. Now with that being said, I'm sure that not all members aren't bad, but some are. Thanks

I'm talking about "batdoc" from Texas and what you read in the thread is "wtf" I'm talking about! He tried screwing with me. I literally sent my bat off thinking he was legit and come to find out that he tried taking advantage! His texts say he's "batdoc" btw! His number is 830-448-8193

Last edited by a moderator:

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
If you did this deal through this site, did you not see "Outstanding Bad Dealer" under his name? He hasn't logged on here under that name in 5 years.

As far as this site, we already know he is trash. What are we missing?

I looked him up and he had a lot of "gtg" and one bad deal that I seen...plus I work for the Indiana court system so I don't have a lot of free time to spend on here like others do...a man is only as good as his word! This goes to show that no matter new or old member, either one might screw ya!

Last edited by a moderator:

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
1. You don't post your phone number.
2. You didn't research who you are dealing with

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
There are MANY of us here that have earned our rep because we have honored our word. A lot of effort is put in to weed out the bad eggs and make it so you can get an idea of who you are dealing with. But you have to put some effort in. Not much, but the info is there. It is not fair to clump old members with a known deadbeat because you didn't have the time to put in to looking for the info that is out there. Follow the buying/selling guidelines that have been posted at the top of the section for your benefit.
A lot of very trustworthy peeps here, but you as a buyer are only as good as your due diligence.

You obviously didn't read what I said, about I'm sure not all vet members are bad but some are and proof is shown. I'm not at all bashing all vet members and I think it's good that a lot of y'all want to keep it clean on here but the fact remains that some on here are "bad apples", but I've learned my lesson and I'm lucky I went with instinct and stopped shipment. Thanks for the input and sorry if I've offended anyone, not my intentions.

single wally

Professional Amateur
I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but a username of "batdoc" is a pretty big red flag.

Sideways Guy

Addicted to Softballfans
While the OP is all jacked up and throwing shade at the board- ticking dudes off... Tread w caution with batdoc12, little squirrelly it seems from what little experience I have w him. Newb on newb action...classic. Let's just calm down, but I'm guessing OP has a legit thread here...

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
Batdoc12 is posting in several threads about buying/selling/trading but has yet to post any pictures of all the things he says he has. Super Shady.

And LSsoftball... You can EABOD/GFY/GTFO. The whole SBF Feedback system only started a few years ago. There are guys on here with 2 or 3 reviews who have completed 100's of deals. We know who they are and we know who to trust. One month on this board is the blink of an eye for some of the OG members.

If you don't like it... Stick to your MySpace page.

No I'm talking about "batdoc" from Crystal City, Texas...he texted me as just "batdoc" and I know what this person was trying to do by scamming me whether he's a long time member or new member!

That made absolutely no sense "frontagerdmaui" and just because I'm new doesnt mean that I haven't followed the site for years...

I explained what he tried doing and where he lived along with his cell #, if i misrepresented the members name im sorry but he texted me as only "batdoc"...i apologize to "batdoc" if the screen name is posed to be "batdoc12", i just know that this person posed as "batdoc" and tried ripping me off. I figured the address and cell # would clarify who it was.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
I hate to go here. But you are being moronic. You come on here with absolutely no clear cut knowledge of who you were dealing with and just throw a common name "Batdoc". This is obviously some dupe account trying to troll the members. Or you would have posted the Name and address you were going to ship a bat to. If you're going to attempt a solid troll, do some research and create a backstory or fake trade thread to base your complaint on.... "He just messaged me as batdoc" my ass.

Alright mods... time to do an ISP check.

rpw019

Addicted to Softballfans
I hate to go here. But you are being moronic. You come on here with absolutely no clear cut knowledge of who you were dealing with and just throw a common name "Batdoc". This is obviously some dupe account trying to troll the members. Or you would have posted the Name and address you were going to ship a bat to. If you're going to attempt a solid troll, do some research and create a backstory or fake trade thread to base your complaint on.... "He just messaged me as batdoc" my ass.

Alright mods... time to do an ISP check.

When the same guy Texted me. Got my number after some PMs he said he was batdoc as well. I didnt get to the research part yet as Im awaiting pics of the OGDC41 he wanted to offer to trade. I think OPs heart is in the right place trying to call out a potential bad deal. Lets not tear him up. May not want to help by calling out issues like this later.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
1) the guys screen name is batdoc
2) he's listed as an OBD

I am not sure what you expected here. It's almost like you were trying to give your bat away.

rpw019

Addicted to Softballfans
The user OP is referring to is batdoc12 His cell number says hes in texas. Looked up the batdoc with OBD tag and info posted says he is in St Louis according to the NG2G thread posted. Good chance its 2 different people. batdoc12 knows about this thread and I think we would all love for him to explain.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=931774

Last edited:

Sideways Guy

Addicted to Softballfans
When the same guy Texted me. Got my number after some PMs he said he was batdoc as well. I didnt get to the research part yet as Im awaiting pics of the OGDC41 he wanted to offer to trade. I think OPs heart is in the right place trying to call out a potential bad deal. Lets not tear him up. May not want to help by calling out issues like this later.

I too was talking to him about an og DC. I'm not saying batdoc12 is ngtg, but the OP is talking about batdoc12, and he's squirrely- you just can't go firing off bats to unknown dudes, there are measures to take to protect yourself...

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
The user OP is referring to is batdoc12 His cell number says hes in texas. Looked up the batdoc with OBD tag and info posted says he is in St Louis according to the NG2G thread posted. Good chance its 2 different people. batdoc12 knows about this thread and I think we would all love for him to explain.

The OP mentions nothing of batdoc12

He says the guys SN is just batdoc

DUNNY51

Addicted to Softballfans

He's not gonna post in this thread bc it would identify exactly who it is since Op doesn't know who he was talking to.

Hopefully this thread keeps guys away from batdoc12 but I'm sure someone will get burned by this d bag.

Op hopefully you learned your lesson as well to know exactly who you are dealing with and take the 2 mins to check feedback.

Op did you ever get pics of the bat you were supposed to be trading for?