***** bats

littleman13

The Veteran
So I have been out of the bat game for a long time but now getting back in, almost all I see are these 25oz monstas? Do these ***** bats really hit the 52s better or have the players just become more bitches? I remember when guys were raving about the demarini phenix 25oz fastpitch bats back in like 2013 and getting railed on for being bitches. I mean i was always more of a 27/28oz guy even with being a little man but where are the 28, 29, 30s?? I have big dudes on a team I just joined, thinking those are some sluggers until they pull out a big ol 25oz sinister…Are the heavy bats a thing of the past?

Protectyaneck

The weighting is also inaccurate. Maybe they weigh 25oz when they get the bats from China(after 18 months of waiting), but after they insert their precious floating inner barrel, the torches and sinisters weigh more and swing heavier than all of the 26 oz bats on the market.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
well its not like a 30oz bat was a sledge hammer. a deck of cards weighs like 5oz. thats the difference between a man or a *****?
Softball has also always been about posturing. You're soft if you protest, but you're not for bringing illegal players. You're soft for protesting an illegal bat, but not soft for being the one swinging it. Honestly, I can't think of many things more ridiculous than softball when it comes to these types of things. I'm sure all rec sports have this, but I don't play other ones.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
I think a lot of it is the 33/30 baseball thing too. most dudes think because they swung a 30oz bat in hs/college, they need that for softball.

blakcherry329

It seems to me that the lighter bats are less forgiving than the heavier bats. I have a couple ASA bats for the random charity tournament I play in.
They're 26.5 and I definitely feel the difference. Heavier bats drive the ball. It's Science.;)

I always think people are soft for protesting, especially after the fact. But that's just me. 😀

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the associations are soft for having a rule, and then saying we're not actually going to enforce it unless you pay us to. How stupid is it that we have to do all this roster crap, pay for association fees, and then police their rules for them?

ShortYellowBus

*edit - just until last year, the website offered bats for $209, and they were never in stock, therefore people had to wait up to a year to receive the bats. Resellers took advantage of this and bought an entire shipment to sell and raffle for much more!

Monsta offered bats for $90 less than the bigger brands. You can theoretically buy three of those bats for the cost of two, and resell them for $350 each to buyers who didn’t preorder.

Monsta just offered one bat in many paint schemes, which made production extremely efficient; they made them as cheaply as possible.

The value added was the hype from resellers.

Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

With that said, people these days don’t have time to BP their bats or work on their swings. It’s easier to hit 250’ occasionally to the same spot in the outfield with a fragile thin walled bat, than to grab an old Easton and learn to bat-lag and snap.

It’s all very necessary to keep the sport alive, these days. I just have to take the bad stuff with the good stuff.

I’ve seen opposing players with a horrible swing hit a three run home run to win a game. If that’s what it takes, please keep it going.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Monsta offered bats for $90 less than the bigger brands. You can theoretically buy three of those bats for the cost of two, and resell them for $350 each to buyers who didn’t preorder.

Monsta just offered one bat in many paint schemes, which made production extremely efficient; they made them as cheaply as possible.

The value added was the hype from resellers.

IDK. Monstas are the most overpriced, overhyped bats I've ever seen. You can't find them new for less than $250 EVER, and often they'll cost well more than that.

There isn't anything economically feasible about buying Monstas. Plus, they give you all sorts of crap if you actually try to return a broken bat.

Monstas do work, but I feel like they're made for guys who don't have much batspeed or overall hitting talent. They're made for people who can't hit .52s well with other bats, and think they're home run hitters.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
they do work. I just don't think they work any better than the bats that are now coming out today. as much of a dink as the founder is, the structural design of the FIB was basically copied by every manufacturer in some way or shape.

If availability was no issue, I see no reason to shortchange yourself. I'm too old to be apart of some fad or hip thing. I hit well with the monstas i have and have no reason to switch from them (25 and 27 oz) until they are banned or they break.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The weighting is also inaccurate. Maybe they weigh 25oz when they get the bats from China(after 18 months of waiting), but after they insert their precious floating inner barrel, the torches and sinisters weigh more and swing heavier than all of the 26 oz bats on the market.
Still swinging my Chinese made SCN3 17years later. For transparency, still rocking my flat-sticker F98 as well. These bats are immortal given the .52s

I could care less where a bat is made, so long as it's made well and as a consumer I'm able to realize full equilibrium where performance and economy are concerned. I would prefer it made or assembled here, but that leaves options slimmer and slimmer with each coming year (Caledonia?).

It seems to me that the lighter bats are less forgiving than the heavier bats. I have a couple ASA bats for the random charity tournament I play in.
They're 26.5 and I definitely feel the difference. Heavier bats drive the ball. It's Science.;)

I always think people are soft for protesting, especially after the fact. But that's just me. 😀
I have recently dropped from 30oz to 27.5oz - it takes me way too much concentration to hit 25oz and the results are negligible for me.

With that said, people these days don’t have time to BP their bats or work on their swings. It’s easier to hit 250’ occasionally to the same spot in the outfield with a fragile thin walled bat, than to grab an old Easton and learn to bat-lag and snap.

It’s all very necessary to keep the sport alive, these days. I just have to take the bad stuff with the good stuff.

I’ve seen opposing players with a horrible swing hit a three run home run to win a game. If that’s what it takes, please keep it going.
If for no other reason, this pushed me to get a Torch for my team.
My girls have shown tremendous gains; 1 hit a HR last night into LC (she's normally good for legit doubles).

TheKid33

Star Player
For winning our softball championship we get to choose a bat from the shop at our complex. It’s all 26 and 25 oz bats. I’m probably going to grab the 25 for the sheer sake we don’t have one in our dugout yet. I’m not going to swing it though. 27 oz has always been perfect for me

jkwoody22

League ball huer
The early demarini steels had a foam insert, the first aftermaths had a version of the tech, so like anything it has evolved, the tech of the 52 ball, so many variables, monstas just took the hype to the next level, the pr, the different paint schemes and limited availability made them the thing, they do perform, but for me it’s very minimal from a nihilist, worth/Miken, Carl and his Ponzi scheme preorder nonsense is one of the many reasons he is an egotistical douche, but I’m guilty of owning a couple and feeding that, I held out until this year but decided to try them against my worths and anarchy, it came down to my and my teammates performance and for some these work much better for their swings

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hit that first green flipper against utrip bats with some of the first 52s I ever hit, and the difference was crazy. It was very obviously better than the competition then. Was that over ten years ago now? I am getting too old to keep that straight.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ yes 2012/2013 when the og flipper was introduced.
May have been 2011as demarini, most manufacturers started putting out their bats around mid year and dated them for the next year's batch or something like that.

Last edited:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
^^Agreed although the og FLIPPER held up much better to 44's than the next two 2013,2014 aftermath. I found out the hard way with my 2013 black/gold , got about 300/400 swings in it till the seam appeared hitting 44's I put a piece of clear tape on it and lasted basically 3 more season,2 summer and 1 fall with 52's till it blew up.

We didn't know any better at the time as that's when our league were still using 44's transitioning to 52's.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
^^Agreed although the og FLIPPER held up much better to 44's than the next two 2013,2014 aftermath. I found out the hard way with my 2013 black/gold , got about 300/400 swings in it till the seam appeared hitting 44's I put a piece of clear tape on it and lasted basically 3 more season,2 summer and 1 fall with 52's till it blew up.

We didn't know any better at the time as that's when our league were still using 44's transitioning to 52's.
Reminds me of the only game they allowed my J3A at BLD; think we were hitting .40/400s

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
Demarini had doublewalls in the 90's.
obviously not the same thing. same concept sort of and also adopted by everyone else similarly, but I saw no floating barrel in the OG flipper we broke.

Those flippers were nasty though.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher

We were hitting flippers (red black and gold) and the blue and green ones I think AND the original combat wanteds and derbyboys in like 2013 and 14. still hitting 375s and it was like murderers row. barely any of them made it to 52's.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Here's a dirty little secret that some of you probably already know.... ANY new, higher end ASA bat will absolutely demolish .52s. As an umpire I've been seeing a lot of absolutely nukes lately with Worths, Mikens, and even Eastons. I saw a guy go over 400' last night with that ZZwap, or whatever it's called. All these newer bats seem to have the same technology, and they're all geared specifically for .52 300 balls. Monstas DO work (as I said earlier), but they aren't necessarily the only bat company that makes good ASA stuff anymore.

I play ASA league, and I swing mostly old technology ASA Eastons. I do have the newer silver Demarini Nihilist, and it seems to work just fine. It also cost half of what any Monsta would.