Bats

cleg

Addicted to Softballfans
So i was in a tourney this weekend. Just a local 4th of July tourney. This team came in and was crushing the ball and saying they had shaved bats. I know its a question i know the anwser to but is there anyway someone can prove without cutting bat open that the bat has been doctored? They were using the same bats as us and crushing the bat twice as far and they sounded nasty

jammer3speed

The Rookie
without cutting open the bat all you can really do is a compression test, look for funny stuff around endcap like it not fittin right but with really good work compression testing or cuttin it up is the only way to tell:mad:

cleg

Addicted to Softballfans
its just makes me so mad. As a pitcher even more cause im well aware of the dangers of pitching and that its softball and i have a glove so people will hit there its just when they have these juiced bats. ITS GOING TO KILL SOMEONE.

t barrett

The Rookie
the only way i know u can tell just by looking is if the endcap looks like its been put back in. (glue ozing out the sides). and where they popped the cap off. (normally it will have a slight gap in one spot)