ASA batter hit by batted ball

jonsey

scenario... ball hit up the middle and off the pitchers glove and then hits the runner going from 1st to 2nd .. I know per the rule below the runner is not out once the pitcher makes contact with the ball and the runner could not avoid contact with the ball .. my question is if this is a live ball play on or a dead ball batter awarded 1st base and all runners advance if forced

Section 8. RUNNER IS NOT OUT.
F. When a runner is hit by a fair batted ball after it touches, or is touched by, any fielder, including the pitcher, and the runner could not avoid contact with the ball.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
scenario... ball hit up the middle and off the pitchers glove and then hits the runner going from 1st to 2nd .. I know per the rule below the runner is not out once the pitcher makes contact with the ball and the runner could not avoid contact with the ball .. my question is if this is a live ball play on or a dead ball batter awarded 1st base and all runners advance if forced

Section 8. RUNNER IS NOT OUT.
F. When a runner is hit by a fair batted ball after it touches, or is touched by, any fielder, including the pitcher, and the runner could not avoid contact with the ball.

Live ball