Batting average?

Chubby_43

everyone thinks they stay around .700 until there are stats taken, then they just coincidentally have a bad season or two

Seriously? Wow.. I am not out here beating my chest.. Stats were taken and I know what I hit..

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
500ish in the main league I play, been struggling cutting down to 1 night a week and practically dropping BP. Funny thing is the ASA 52cor league I picked up on & our coed I'm doing much better. Think it has to do with worrying about keeping the ball down, I'm much better at getting base hits when an accidental HR doesn't matter.

800ish for tournaments, for whatever reason I'm more focused and just do better, think it has something to do with the lower pitching and being more disciplined about waiting for good pitches.

Best league night was spring coed championship, we were down big and I hit a GS to get us back in & fired up, they started pulling ahead again & I hit a 3 run shot to tie it up giving us another push & cracking them a little. Ended up winning 12-11 and I had drove in 9 of the runs.

Worst league night was fall coed championship and I hit directly to a defender each time. Needed to have a big night but I stunk it up big time, we lost.

Best tournie, don't know how many at bats or HR'S I had but I only had 2 outs. First out trying to walk me on purpose but still pitching them in, threw the last one in high but in front of me, I jumped to hit it cause the lineup was pretty weak behind me, flied out. 2nd out hit right at the SS, ball took his glove off but he was still able to get to his glove faster than I was able to get to 1st.

Worst tournie, had 5 at bats in 3 games, can't remember if I had 2 or 3 outs, was a bad day.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
500ish in the main league I play, been struggling cutting down to 1 night a week and practically dropping BP. Funny thing is the ASA 52cor league I picked up on & our coed I'm doing much better. Think it has to do with worrying about keeping the ball down, I'm much better at getting base hits when an accidental HR doesn't matter.

800ish for tournaments, for whatever reason I'm more focused and just do better, think it has something to do with the lower pitching and being more disciplined about waiting for good pitches.
Best league night was spring coed championship, we were down big and I hit a GS to get us back in & fired up, they started pulling ahead again & I hit a 3 run shot to tie it up giving us another push & cracking them a little. Ended up winning 12-11 and I had drove in 9 of the runs.

Worst league night was fall coed championship and I hit directly to a defender each time. Needed to have a big night but I stunk it up big time, we lost.

Best tournie, don't know how many at bats or HR'S I had but I only had 2 outs. First out trying to walk me on purpose but still pitching them in, threw the last one in high but in front of me, I jumped to hit it cause the lineup was pretty weak behind me, flied out. 2nd out hit right at the SS, ball took his glove off but he was still able to get to his glove faster than I was able to get to 1st.

Worst tournie, had 5 at bats in 3 games, can't remember if I had 2 or 3 outs, was a bad day.

I'm the same way. I dont take league night serious unless there is a big tourney coming up and Im trying to not form any bad habits.

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
We use Tomorrows Pro to keep our stats. Tells you season and your career stats! Its pretty nice!! Use it a lot to talk crap with the other guys on your team!

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone posted the Domingo Ayala "Stat Rat" video? Need to enter that here...

[ame]https://youtu.be/aqvZXV2hzIA[/ame]

SleeepR21

WU-TANG
Our manager keeps a book on stats but I don't trust it... Errors, walks & fielders choice go in as hits. Plus half the guys go back to change stats after the inning is over anyway. Bush league bull**** if you ask me.

Here's what I remembered to tally this year, only 4 tourneys. I was either hitting like **** or hitting like **** in the other 12. Hahaha... And as you can see not a lot of PA's, because our team sucks. Literally sucks. We usually hit our 3 game guarantee & we outtie 5000.

6/20 Sera
7-13 .538 3 2B's, 1 HR, 5 RBI's

6/27 Heritage
8-14 .571 3 2B's, 2 HR's, 6 RBI's

7/11 Russell Road
10-17 .588 5 2B's, 2 HR's, 12 RBI's

7/25 RAC
10-13 .769 4 2B, 2 HR's, 10 RBI's

RC#13

Part Time Player

It's the weirdest thing but you're right. I hit and play better in tournaments also. When I first started playing softball I played league 5 nights a week. A buddy asked me to play a tourney and that was it. I was hooked. I got to the point where I hated league. To me league ball players are the "softball guy" Rome talks about. I liked tournaments because 1)the payoff was automatic. You would play x amount of games over 1,2 or 3 day's and win a prize. As opposed to league where you played the same amount of games as a tournament over WEEKS and MAYBE win an inferior prize compared to tourneys and 2) and the biggest reason why I like tournaments is because if you personally had a bag game batting or had a bad game has a team you wait an our or 2 and you can redeem yourself. If you have a bad game batting or has a team in league you may have to wait an entire week to redeem yourself and to be would leave a bad taste in your mouth you know?

RC#13

Part Time Player
^^^^^^ This

The name of the game is getting on base.... not how hard or far you can hit it.

Yea but I was always taught that when you hit the ball hard good things happen. I hear this all the time at games and the guy that runs the baseball academy my son goes to actually has that printed on his staffs t shirts. So how hard you hit the ball is relative to how far you hit it. Nothing wrong at all with hitting the ball as hard as you can.That usually means dude is a good hitter IMHO.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea but I was always taught that when you hit the ball hard good things happen. I hear this all the time at games and the guy that runs the baseball academy my son goes to actually has that printed on his staffs t shirts. So how hard you hit the ball is relative to how far you hit it. Nothing wrong at all with hitting the ball as hard as you can.That usually means dude is a good hitter IMHO.

I see what you are saying... Especially when it comes to baseball, but I personally know tons of guys who hit the ball hard who are far from good hitters.

Hitting .650- .700 + when you only have 1-2 bombs a game over a tournament season means your a good hitter to me

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I love this "League vs. Tourney" bull****................I'm the same focused, striving for perfection guy in league as I am in tourneys.........I'm glad I don't have some of you, "It's only league......" morons on my teams. I'd want to beat your asses.

RC#13

Part Time Player
^^^Bring it on Sparky! I'll treat you like you just stole my bat. Ain't nobody afraid of you! If you don't like my post you can lick my ****!

RC#13

Part Time Player
I see what you are saying... Especially when it comes to baseball, but I personally know tons of guys who hit the ball hard who are far from good hitters.

Hitting .650- .700 + when you only have 1-2 bombs a game over a tournament season means your a good hitter to me

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. I know what you mean. You're absolutely correct about the batting average and HR's. I have a question here that has always bothered me....if the better hitters are in the upper divisions ("C" and above) then why are there HR limits higher? It's just a question. I don't want people saying I should be banned for asking it.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Of course there are exceptions to every rule. I know what you mean. You're absolutely correct about the batting average and HR's. I have a question here that has always bothered me....if the better hitters are in the upper divisions ("C" and above) then why are there HR limits higher? It's just a question. I don't want people saying I should be banned for asking it.

There are a number of reasons why... As you well know, it's not a feat anymore to be able to hit home runs. Unfortunately, rules and regulations were put in place before and in the middle of composite bats... It takes more skill to keep the ball in then it does to hit it out now. The thought process was if you play E or D you shouldn't be able to hit home runs. We all know that isn't true but that is the basis of why there are limits. It is thought that playing B or higher is reserved for the 8-10 home runs a game and that's the level you should play if you can hit homers. Add the fact that most people sand bag and now you have the problem we have today in classifications

RC#13

Part Time Player
^^^^Yea...after I posted that I thought about the sandbagging thing. So if everyone played where they were supposed to then it would warrant having a higher HR limit in the lower levels?? Probably but playing where you're supposed to is subjective I guess. Some think they're a "B" ball player and should be playing rec and vice versa. And then there's always the "I just wanna play with my buddies" thing!