Batting gloves? Best and most durable?

ShortYellowBus

I’d avoid Easton for batting gloves. They fall apart at the wrist.

It all depends on what usage you’re looking at: game only gloves should be thin palm (if needed) and Bp gloves should have a palm pad to protect from blisters.

I like the Franklin MLB Powerstrap gloves for games and the Under Armour Clutchfit or Motive 3 for Bp.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

I bought 2 pairs of Easton VRS gloves on a clearance site last year and both pairs disintegrated on the backs of the thumbs. Damn shame because the leather palms seem indestructible and the VRS padding doesn't break down.

tonys1

I'm surprised no one said gardening gloves or that mechanix crap. I like the Franklin CFXPro chrome's from the store!

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Mizuno PRO for sure! Insane durability!

The ones with the double leather palm? I got a pair this winter. Haven't had chance to try them but they feel comfortable. I'm prone to bruising/blisters where the knob of the bat rests on my bottom hand, hoping the double thickness helps prevent that.

ASP now has a Kyle Pearson batting/work gloves. Those guys are constantly on his ****

I had to go look that up, friggin' hilarious. You can buy those exact same gloves at any workwear store for under $10.

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
The ones with the double leather palm? I got a pair this winter. Haven't had chance to try them but they feel comfortable. I'm prone to bruising/blisters where the knob of the bat rests on my bottom hand, hoping the double thickness helps prevent .

Yup, there awesome

Projectcam

I keep my batting glove on while batting and with my fielding glove so I go through them fairly quick. The best ones I have found as far as durability are the Rawlings Workhorse gloves.

Last edited:

EOD123

I keep my batting glove on while batting and with my fielding globe so I go through them fairly quick. The best ones I have found as far as durability are the Rawlings Workhorse gloves.

i used to do that, now I switch out my LH Viper with a Nike MVP Edge for fielding. Batting gloves lasting a lot longer now.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans

It all depends on what usage you’re looking at: game only gloves should be thin palm (if needed) and Bp gloves should have a palm pad to protect from blisters.

I like the Franklin MLB Powerstrap gloves for games and the Under Armour Clutchfit or Motive 3 for Bp.
I had a pair of Easton’s rip thru the entire length of the palm literally a few games into the first tournament using them earlier this year

I've found my MX riding gloves have worked the best and have been really comfortable and durable. They are similar to mechanix gloves but not quite as thick

lakeyale13

Manager
rawlings workhorse. /thread

What Chile said!!! They are the best...hands down. Super durable, and yet have great feel.

The most durable batting gloves I have ever had were Rawlings Silverback Batting Gloves. They don't make them anymore.

chile

Bad Ape
What Chile said!!! They are the best...hands down. Super durable, and yet have great feel.

The most durable batting gloves I have ever had were Rawlings Silverback Batting Gloves. They don't make them anymore.

I've been beating these up in bp (and games) for a while now with no signs of them giving out.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a pair of Easton’s rip thru the entire length of the palm literally a few games into the first tournament using them earlier this year

Stop flexing in them, they'll last longer

But to stay on topic, I liked some Evo Shields I got a couple years ago on clearance, they really held up well. I also use Franklins, but they've been hit or miss with durability; the pair I have now seem good, but the last 2 pairs the stitching didn't hold up at all.

blakcherry329

A lot of the durability issues have to do with whether or not your hands sweat. IMO.
My hands don't and I never had a problem with gloves ripping. I have Nike, Mizuno, and Boombah and I use them in the field and at bat. Haven't had an issue so far. The Nikes are rather thin and I wouldn't really recommend them(I found them at a TJ Maxx for $7, so I figured wtf)

r8dr_rider

Anyone use the Spiderz that are sold on here???

I need some good one pc palm gloves that also hold up to sliding.

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
I'm surprised no one said gardening gloves or that mechanix crap. I like the Franklin CFXPro chrome's from the store!

I have tried all that crap in BP over the years, but I just can't do it. My batting gloves have to fit tight like a 2nd skin.

I currently have 2 pair in my bag. I have the Nike Hurache Edge and some UA's (can't remember the specific model) I've had no issues with either yet this year. The Nike's fit my hands a bit better than the UA's, but those UA's have a little better grip due to a thin rubber layer on the palm/fingers.

I usually buy 1 or 2 new pair's of batting gloves every winter when they're on clearance somewhere. Nike's tend to fit my hands better than anything else, so that's what I've had more times than not over the years.

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
Why are you wearing your batting gloves when you are on the basepaths??

I used to keep them on back when I was younger and actually slid just to protect my hands from getting torn up on all the crappy fields I played on.