batting practice

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
looks like ur holding on to the bat WAY to tight, and your whole body looks tense, relax a bit and focus less energy on ur arms, as u do your hips, shoulders etc. also follow through with your swing by opening up your shoulders after contact

On a side note...why do you look so angry? is an ex wife pitching to you? (reference 2:17 in the video)
I agree with this man

At the very least you look intimidating and people will back up for your first at bat. At a minimum you can bloop on in and go 1 for 4

rme0018

<font color="RED">Outstanding Bad Dealer</font>
MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY TO GET YOUR ARMS EXTENDED ALL THE WAY AND DRIVE WITH YOUR LEGS AND HIPS MORE. yOUR SIZE YOU SHOULD BE KILLING THE BALL

EGeorge

Addicted to Softballfans
Typical juicehead swing...lol...relax cuz...ull be able to do more with the bad balls

omarlegend

all ur bats r belong 2us
MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY TO GET YOUR ARMS EXTENDED ALL THE WAY AND DRIVE WITH YOUR LEGS AND HIPS MORE. yOUR SIZE YOU SHOULD BE KILLING THE BALL

the plate ,and make contact out in front ...Looks like your missing the sweet spot every swing.

pretty much what i meant too..

post another vid when u get a chance

Last edited:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Poster2-1.jpg

that is quality, now you get a better idea of where I'm coming from

PEYTONPAW

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah 2 did thats what I mean about not really seeing how hard I hit the ball...Juicehead swing, sorry to disappoint but not on the juice..I hate getting old and I work out a lot..My wife thinks it is some kind of addiction. I love playing softball, so i want to work hard on my swing and fielding. There are a lot of helpful comments..Thanks guys

DSNuts48

Badass
I am using a superfreak..I always wondered if my hips were coming through at the right time.. It feels like they are but I will work on getting them through earlier..good advice. The weird thing on that video was I went to right field a lot. The pitches were outside and it still looks like I am getting jammed. I think I need an angle were you can see the ball coming off the bat. Most of the time it feels like I am hitting the ball really hard.

No, no, no. Don't just make your hips come earlier in the swing, initiate the swing with your hips. Step and twist hips pushing off with the backfoot, this done correctly with the hips squared to the area you are hitting too should whip the bat where you need it. Make one of those PVC pipe things that Swingnmiss had on here, use it to time your hips.

PEYTONPAW

Addicted to Softballfans
Ds on my swing you are saying my hands and arms are leading my swing and then my hips and legs follow through. So i should step and twist first then the arms and hands will follow through.Does this sound right? I am going to bp tomorrow so I want to work on this.

PEYTONPAW

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks...the field on the top where we hit is I believe 296 all the way around, they also have another coed field which is 248 all the way around. The fields are nice. After looking at the video it does seem that the ball is getting to deep on me..I will work on that ....Like the robo cop...it is way hot, we start at 7 now

TheHawg

Star Player
Line up your knuckles, move away from the plate, stride, turn your hips, extend your arms, don't drop your hands, swing level. Maybe try to relax a bit.

DVS DEA

"IGNORANCE IS ANNOYING"
On a 296' field, freak bat & your size you should be hitting more than only 2 out. Pick up swingmechanics.com Ir sportstechnique.com videos and it will help.

flyout

Addicted to Softballfans
There are a lot of things you can work on, but mostly you just need more swings, more reps, more bp. You look like you haven't been playing that long. But the more you swing, the more your muscle memory and technique will improve. Relax, and then relax again, don't let the ball get into you, get extended and swing level. Hands in as direct line to and through the ball as possible to reduce the casting effect.