Best bat for 50/275 balls

cheifofsinners

Extra Hitter
I am a skinny base-hitter with no real power to speak of. I generally swing a 26oz bat to try to get some bat speed. My ASA leagues use a 50/275 ball. What bats would you recommend for such a ball for a base-hitter? I don't like end load bats - I prefer something balanced. What is your advice?

ShortYellowBus

52/275 balls. No such thing as 50/275.

What bat works best. Hmm...

All swings are not the same, and all the bats are terrific. You did mention you wanted good ASA bats.

BP hero on you tube consistently selects Worth EST Balanced bats as the overall best bats for ASA. His swing is not the same as mine, but as the saying goes, you have to go with whatever works best. If it works, it works.

Sounds like you don’t have a strong baseball background and not to sound condescending, but you’re better working with Monsta bats. They’re made for guys like you. The problem is scarcity.

The owner is a douchebag and the bats are wayyyy behind on production. So you’ll have to buy bats in the $300+ range. A lot of those bats are considered “gems” and sell for $500 in raffles, so you have to pay for it.

So. This is what you want. Softball ain’t cheap, so considering the price and hype, double down and buy a Monsta. If you’re interested in being better than Mediocre, do some batting practice with friends and step up to a Worth EST.

It’s up to you. No one can suggest what best bat is out there. But there’s a lot of Monsta’s out there for sale for guys like you.

cheifofsinners

Extra Hitter
52/275 balls. No such thing as 50/275.

What bat works best. Hmm...

All swings are not the same, and all the bats are terrific. You did mention you wanted good ASA bats.

BP hero on you tube consistently selects Worth EST Balanced bats as the overall best bats for ASA. His swing is not the same as mine, but as the saying goes, you have to go with whatever works best. If it works, it works.

Sounds like you don’t have a strong baseball background and not to sound condescending, but you’re better working with Monsta bats. They’re made for guys like you. The problem is scarcity.

The owner is a douchebag and the bats are wayyyy behind on production. So you’ll have to buy bats in the $300+ range. A lot of those bats are considered “gems” and sell for $500 in raffles, so you have to pay for it.

So. This is what you want. Softball ain’t cheap, so considering the price and hype, double down and buy a Monsta. If you’re interested in being better than Mediocre, do some batting practice with friends and step up to a Worth EST.

It’s up to you. No one can suggest what best bat is out there. But there’s a lot of Monsta’s out there for sale for guys like you.

Yeah, it is actually a 52/275, thanks for pointing that out. And I do play a lot of softball. I may not be a stud, but I am a straight-up singles hitter, looking for a little more juice. I havent bought a new bat in 8 years, and we are playing with balls that I havent played with before. So, I am looking for insight on how to match bat technology with ball technology.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes that xl is half oz endload it may take some getting used too since you're used to balanced bats or find a balanced version of this bat or similar

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Many people think they cant use Endloads but Once you get used to that Endload you will be happy you made the switch. Id say 2 or 3 BPs of 30 to 50 hits each and off you go. Thats a fine bat for 52s

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, it is actually a 52/275, thanks for pointing that out. And I do play a lot of softball. I may not be a stud, but I am a straight-up singles hitter, looking for a little more juice. I havent bought a new bat in 8 years, and we are playing with balls that I havent played with before. So, I am looking for insight on how to match bat technology with ball technology.

What bat have you been using and what did you decide to go with?