Best Bat for a normal ball

sasha3825

Addicted to Softballfans
I’m getting back into a league that uses composite bats. They also use Dudley SB12’s .44 core balls. Historically I’ve swung Monsta DNA’s with a stiff handle. I don’t like a lot of flex and I am fine with either a 2 piece or a 1 piece. What are some of the best bats for that ball out there? I feel like it’s been so long since I’ve swung a normal bat not made for low compression balls I can’t remember what I used to swing before they changed the ball. Interested to see your suggestions!

ShortYellowBus

Lots to unpack here. Let’s start with the obvious: all new bats perform about the same, but some will perform better for others because not everyone has the same swing and experience level. In summation, results will vary.

If anyone is swinging monsta with 44’s, that person probably have a baby swing. I know, I probably shouldn’t call people out on that, but we’re all thinking it. DNA’s are good bats. If it works, keep swinging it.

Everyone knows monsta bats are not meant to hit 44’s and they will break fast. This is not a brag because most people here will say the same, I’ve broken monsta bats in under 100 swings using the correct 52/300 balls, so once again, results will vary.

All new Eastons, DeMarini/Louisville Slugger and Miken/Worth bats are all designed to hit the 52/300 balls, so at this point the argument should be made that you want performance and durability.

You probably want a newer X-Core Anarchy bat or any bat from 2014-2017 ASA stamped bat. Hitting 44’s, all bats are fantastic. Durability is the issue.

Last edited:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
There are a couple thread that touch on sb12's . As I understand what I've read, while they are 44 core they turn to mush within just a few impacts to them. Some say pretty much any bat composite or otherwise perform very well vs those balls, some have stated that metal bats work best and other say composite bats including the older demarini aftermath's as well as the newer double barrel easton bats perform especially well vs sb12.

sasha3825

Addicted to Softballfans
Lots to unpack here. Let’s start with the obvious: all new bats perform about the same, but some will perform better for others because not everyone has the same swing and experience level. In summation, results will vary.

If anyone is swinging monsta with 44’s, that person probably have a baby swing. I know, I probably shouldn’t call people out on that, but we’re all thinking it. DNA’s are good bats. If it works, keep swinging it.

Everyone knows monsta bats are not meant to hit 44’s and they will break fast. This is not a brag because most people here will say the same, I’ve broken monsta bats in under 100 swings using the correct 52/300 balls, so once again, results will vary.

All new Eastons, DeMarini/Louisville Slugger and Miken/Worth bats are all designed to hit the 52/300 balls, so at this point the argument should be made that you want performance and durability.

You probably want a newer X-Core Anarchy bat or any bat from 2014-2017 ASA stamped bat. Hitting 44’s, all bats are fantastic. Durability is the issue.
Thanks, I think you misunderstood my question. All my current bats are the newer ones made for low compression balls. I’ve never swung my DNA in any leagues/tourneys that use anything else but the 52/300’s but yes, my current DNA is my 4th as they all have broken prior. I was trying to remember what I was swinging before everything moved to the low compression front. I think it was the Easton Wegman? Maybe the DeMarini J2 and Aftermath? Do those ring a bell? Solid for the 44’s for performance and durability?

ShortYellowBus

@sasha3825
I didn’t misunderstand. I’m talking in generalities because there’s people who swing these newer fragile bats in leagues that use 44’s. I’m not trashing you.

I recommend the newer Anarchy bats, but don’t overspend on a Demon or Ambassador if you’re hitting 44’s. The $99 Anarchy ASA bats are just as good.

My top three bats for 44’s: 2016 Miken DC41, 2016 Miken Freak Black and the 2017 Worth EST XXL. I also like DeMarini Iconic (flipper repaint) and 2015 Easton Kirby.

The EST XXL is expensive, but it’s really just a DC41 with purple paint. All can be bought cheap!

Last edited:

Thebig#5

Addicted to Softballfans
The SB12 is a cork centered ball isn't it? We used to hit them and I used to swing older aluminum bats such as the Worth EST. I never had much success hitting cork centered balls with the newer composite bats.