Best BP ball

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
In todays culture, if you cant show it on YouTube it never happened and you have ulterior motives, Get real guys.
1 thing is true, Evil BP lasts much longer than it should and it was the First ball produced for slow pitch batting practice with bat durability in mind. Yes I was the founder of it but wait, since I dont have that on youtube it must be falseo_O

Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

My Worth bat melts in my hands because it’s pure fire. But by comparison, my Monstas stay their shape because they’re not as hot. They’re luke-warm at best. Tepid Monsta.

tonys1

I'll give it to Carl, his balls really do last. The good news is that I haven't needed to deal with him again.

I will BP 2-3 times a week and occasionally will hit his balls into the backstop off a tee, either hitting the fence or the post, because I'm not a dog and don't feel like fetching balls in the outfield. I was thinking I'd bust a few off a post by now and I'd lie to him in order to have them replaced, but haven't needed to. We'll occasionally end up with a game-used SY52 or some hot dot garbage and they feel dead compared to Carl's balls.

Those things take almost 1,000 hits a week, Carl's balls really last.

dunno

[GALLERY=media, 34280]Broken Softballs by dunno posted Aug 24, 2020 at 12:44 PM[/GALLERY]

not including the 15 + thrown away

Jerrshoe

[GALLERY=media, 34280]Broken Softballs by dunno posted Aug 24, 2020 at 12:44 PM[/GALLERY]

not including the 15 + thrown away

I've had the same problem actually. They really fly well, are 100% waterproof, and haven't done any damage to my bats that I can see. But I BP 2-3 times a week and they don't really hold up well for me. Rather than a small tear in a cover or something like that....being that they're one piece balls, they just break off big chunks and the ball is ruined.

It doesn't really matter though....at this point I'd buy a dozen BP balls of any type is someone had them in stock.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Wow and those have the Richards logo so they can be that old. Interesting how all the chunks encompass the seams.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I get my chops busted for being a brand homer sometimes, but facts are the Evil BP balls are the way to go. My Evil BP52+ have taken a beating in the heat and the cold and still hit great. Bobby sent me half a dozen of the BP52+ to test before they went into production 5 years ago. There are still 2 or 3 floating around in my BP bag that hit just fine.

The BP Rockets are right there as well. We lose those too fast, because they usually end up behind the fence in the bushes :p

Can’t wait for October to get a couple dozen more in the mail. :cool:

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Interesting findings with the NX3s. I have a couple .52 NX3s in my BP bag, one of which is a C+ that has been in there well over a year. I've never had a problem with those balls breaking, cracking, or having pieces break off. I don't have an explanation there.

NX3s or Platinum Dots are the most durable BP balls I've ever seen. I don't hit Platinum Dots much because I think they're too hard on bats.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I have seen the NX# with chunks missing but I limit my discussions on products other than Evil. I thought they got hit by a lawn mower or something like that. And TW, since you dont make the ball or work for the company you wouldn't have an explanation in the first place.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans

Out of sheer curiosity, why?

My main complaint with them is how they fly. If you spin them you don’t notice. Hit it flush at all and they get all sorts of weird.

I watched a batter pull a ball that would have been 6’ foul and watched it somehow come back and land just inside fair territory. That’s the main example that comes to mind. I’ve seen that ball make great outfielders look plum silly.

As a catcher, I’ve seen them almost corkscrew through the air when they’re hit really hard.

I have a handful of platinum dots in my BP bag just to see what the hype was about with them. They fly well if you spin them. I’ll credit them for that. But I’ve seen them run, tail, or die in situations where a normal ball wouldn’t. No matter the brand.

I had been gaming a bat nearly on it’s death bed all year with 52’s and had zero issues with it. We used one piece balls for one tournament and it cracked the 3rd game in. This incident could be complete coincidence, but how odd it went from showing no signs of slowing down to shark toothed almost beyond use in 3 games of swings.

Maybe Robert Insects can elaborate more on why or maybe he won’t speak on the matter. But I feel like it comes from the ball distorting when it’s hit flush that makes flight unpredictable at times. Whether the cover on a ball helps with that issue or there’s something different with these, I have zero clue.

Great concept behind the ball and there are plenty of people that like them. But I personally do not care for them at all. I find them when I pick up HR balls and I just turn around and sell them. I don’t even bother putting them in my BP bag.

Said Robert Insects

1) Okay, let's try a different approach. I believe that Evil Sports once produced some prototypes of one-piece balls but ultimately ditched the idea of selling them because the existing BP52s proved to be superior designs. I'm sure you did a detailed analysis of why. Did the Evil one-piece balls suffer from distorting when they were hit flush, making flight unpredictable at times?

2) Can't find the BP52s on sale either on SBF or directly on the Evil Sports website. I want to buy some. When are they planned to be back in stock?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^
1) Okay, let's try a different approach. I believe that Evil Sports once produced some prototypes of one-piece balls but ultimately ditched the idea of selling them because the existing BP52s proved to be superior designs. I'm sure you did a detailed analysis of why. Did the Evil one-piece balls suffer from distorting when they were hit flush, making flight unpredictable at times?

2) Can't find the BP52s on sale either on SBF or directly on the Evil Sports website. I want to buy some. When are they planned to be back in stock?
Due in october