Best BP ball

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
Luke, the reason behind my 2 color cover was for hitters to be able to closely monitor how they hit the ball by seeing the spin easily.
Appreciate your loyalty to the brand but I cant see changing to a 1 color cover in the near future.

Kodiak use BP17 for a discount code

Appreciate it, but won't pay $15 to ship $45...

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Luke I really do appreciate your feedback. One of the reason Evil has done so well over the past 14 years is the quality of our core material. Thats where the durability of our brand stems from. Its very rare to see an Evil ball with less than 600 hits on it have a core failure, in fact it virtually never happens. Think about that, more than 600, 100 mph impacts. Not many things are designed to withstand that type of abuse. As stated endcap shots can be the death blow.

What is core failure? I purchased 2 dozen Evil BP balls last year and would guess I'm in that 600 hit range. Liveliness is down which is expected, but some are super mushy, one egged up pretty good (just threw it out last week) and another has the cover coming off (splitting at the seams). ***This is not meant to disparage these balls in any way b/c overall I am happy with them and would recommend them. Just wondering what is meant by core failure and wondering which balls to get to replace mine, Rockets or stick with the 52's?

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
You are right, you have missed a bunch since you have been gone. Didnt get any smarter either lol. So I did a test using the Backman Shoppe major team a couple seasons ago. I got the permission of Dennis Turner of Louisville Slugger to have the major team use the Evil BP rocket as the exclusive ball for the team BP for the entire season. This was only accomplished through the efforts of Robo, Robert Blackburn. He was able to bring 6 dozen Rockets to every weekend event for the season and thats the only ball they hit for BP. After the season I got with Dennis Turner and he expressed to me bat breakage was down close to 80% from the previous year. This was the best case study for a ball that can be hit by the hardest hitters in the world and still not blow up bats.

What were they hitting before? Classic ms?

Doesn't appear this question was ever answered.....if they were hitting Classic M at 40/325 vs. Classic + at 52/275.

One could understand if the BP Rockets at (48/425) replacing the M yielded the results, not so much if the Rocket was used in place of the +

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Ummm 44-400 0r 47-500. But what you and others cant seem to understand is the ratio between C0R and compression. We found the optimum mix of this to give great feedback and distance without damage. It must have been 3 years ago or longer that we did this test, not much has changed and I have explained this at nauseum. Since introduction in 2007 over 200,000+ rockets are still in circulation and people continue to buy them. 13 years later its proven the test of time so I dont feel its necessary to go over it any more.

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
Ummm 44-400 0r 47-500. But what you and others cant seem to understand is the ratio between C0R and compression. We found the optimum mix of this to give great feedback and distance without damage. It must have been 3 years ago or longer that we did this test, not much has changed and I have explained this at nauseum. Since introduction in 2007 over 200,000+ rockets are still in circulation and people continue to buy them. 13 years later its proven the test of time so I dont feel its necessary to go over it any more.

Not sure where to start with this response but I will try as it seems to imply many things....

For starters, if this is your business, you should be more than happy to answer any questions that a customer or perspective customer has. Some people (like myself) search for answers in previous threads/posts, websites, videos etc to try and piece together answers to questions regarding the product you sell....You shouldn't feel that people are always simply trying to sort of attack you and make you look bad in any way or to take away from your product...I definitely am not intent on doing so.

Just because many customers have purchased your product and may continue to do so in the future, doesn't warrant you to never answer another question again does it? Because it sure sounds like it.

In an effort to potentially minimize your repetitive answers to what seems to be such annoying, repetitive questions asked by many, may I suggest a "sticky" of sorts with those common questions asked and answered about the product (the balls) you sell?

"The ratio between COR and compression"? I wasn't asking about the exact ratio. I know you have explained somewhere that higher COR and less compression are less damaging to bats, lower COR and higher compression, more damaging.....and the fact that if you bump up the COR you can increase compression (maybe take a little weight out of the ball as well) to yield results that are less damaging to bats etc...

I have purchased way back in 2009 the BP Rockets without at that time, knowing anything more than they were to last a very long time and would be good to break in composite bats made at that time....I don't have them anymore....

So, I would like it if you could please let me know the following as I would like to make an informed purchase as I do believe in the product you sell:

- Are the BP Rockets a ball that is "OK" to hit with new stamp ASA composite bats (2017 - present) with the understanding there will be an accelerated "break in and bat damage", cutting bat life down? These balls should be hit sparingly...

- Are the BP 52+ balls that will not break break in, not damage, not impact bat life whatsoever, when hitting them with new stamp ASA bats?

Not sure where to start with this response but I will try as it seems to imply many things....

For starters, if this is your business, you should be more than happy to answer any questions that a customer or perspective customer has. Some people (like myself) search for answers in previous threads/posts, websites, videos etc to try and piece together answers to questions regarding the product you sell....You shouldn't feel that people are always simply trying to sort of attack you and make you look bad in any way or to take away from your product...I definitely am not intent on doing so.

Just because many customers have purchased your product and may continue to do so in the future, doesn't warrant you to never answer another question again does it? Because it sure sounds like it.

In an effort to potentially minimize your repetitive answers to what seems to be such annoying, repetitive questions asked by many, may I suggest a "sticky" of sorts with those common questions asked and answered about the product (the balls) you sell?

"The ratio between COR and compression"? I wasn't asking about the exact ratio. I know you have explained somewhere that higher COR and less compression are less damaging to bats, lower COR and higher compression, more damaging.....and the fact that if you bump up the COR you can increase compression (maybe take a little weight out of the ball as well) to yield results that are less damaging to bats etc...

I have purchased way back in 2009 the BP Rockets without at that time, knowing anything more than they were to last a very long time and would be good to break in composite bats made at that time....I don't have them anymore....

So, I would like it if you could please let me know the following as I would like to make an informed purchase as I do believe in the product you sell:

- Are the BP Rockets a ball that is "OK" to hit with new stamp ASA composite bats (2017 - present) with the understanding there will be an accelerated "break in and bat damage", cutting bat life down? These balls should be hit sparingly...

- Are the BP 52+ balls that will not break break in, not damage, not impact bat life whatsoever, when hitting them with new stamp ASA bats?

Any ball you hit is going to have an effect on the bat no matter how new or old it is. You opened up a 2+ year old thread with a very specific question. Can’t blame people for being a bit taken aback by it. As far as most of your questions in this thread and a few others, there is no 100% every time answer. Take the information with a grain of salt and for your own opinions and make a choice, take bp, play some games, and then re-evaluate what you think you know. 99% of the information on here is anecdotal and opinion and the 1% fact is usual designed to sell a product.

Get yourself a dozen Worth Hot Dots or whatever ball your league uses and beat the heck out of them. Your most likely a rec player that plays to have fun. Nothing wrong with wanting to get better and be competitive or improve your skills and equipment, but it isn’t going to make a difference what bp balls your using unless you plan on playing C ball or higher...but don’t worry, they supply the equipment for you and you won’t have to worry anyways.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was just curious what a team with that kind of power, but also almost unlimited resources would use for bp. The Moody team i played with always hit stadiums, and i always found it odd. Just assumed the big boys did the same.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans

yes it is "ok" to use the rockets with new stamp bats, "it is your bat" to do what you wish. yes it will accelerate breakin, cutting down life of the bat/s. 52+ will help break in "as any ball will" it is not too say tho that it will not impact life of bat "whatsoever" cause impact from any ball will do just that, impact life of bats.

Country469

@cmsoftballcpl
I am looking to specifically purchase an Evil ball(s) based on their reputation if I can get answers to the questions I've asked, hopefully from the man himself.

you are overthinking this entirely and to be honest whatever small amount of chump change you'd make would likely not even be worth the time. Its like $55 to try a dozen, stop being so petty and either try them or don't.

Old thread being rehashed, but just ordered some rockets to go along with my 52+. How safe are the rockets for low compression bats. Should I keep them separated when breaking in a low compression bat vs when I’m trying to break in some old Combat dual stamps?

ShortYellowBus

Old thread being rehashed, but just ordered some rockets to go along with my 52+. How safe are the rockets for low compression bats. Should I keep them separated when breaking in a low compression bat vs when I’m trying to break in some old Combat dual stamps?
BP rockets are 48 core, but the website says they’re safe to use with all bats. I only have about 18 of them left, but I use them confidently and haven’t had a problem. I’ve only busted bats hitting 40’s and 44’s.

They’re gtg. Go hit with confidence.

dblemup703

I just texted Robert insects my noods. But, I do endorse his BP balls. They hold well and haven't had any problems with them hurting our bats. Used them for years. Hope it helps.

I just texted Robert insects my noods. But, I do endorse his BP balls. They hold well and haven't had any problems with them hurting our bats. Used them for years. Hope it helps.
I’m finally moving from my Combat arsenal into some of the new Low compression only bats so I wasn’t sure how those would react to rockets. Been using the BP52s for several years now.

dunno

The AD Starr Tattoo NX3 Spinners are not good for longevity in my experience.
Reason being ours break apart around the 1 year mark almost as if they are shelf dated.

They also seem to knuckle easily so am extra cautious fielding liners .
They really fly but the failure from disintegration all at the same time has me guessing.
The Trump AK evil BP orange and whites we also use have not shown any significant change with 0 failures and almost as many hits.
The latter seem to be out of stock. Ymmv!

Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

The best way to make it a honest forum is to be transparent in your contributions and attribute your experience with factual evidence of what the sources of your opinion is.

That’s a big ask. You should show use what a disintegrating nx3 looks like. I hit a lot of balls and I haven’t seen them in the state you surmised.

The hard nosed weathered of us tend to have an issue with unsubstantiated drivel from reps and the people who’s interest in the sales of the product have tendencies to lean towards the end product of the viability of the product, due to higher conflict of interest.