Best BP Balls for Senior Bats?

50sumpin

Addicted to Softballfans
Evil BP balls (orange & white 44's) have served me well, but I need to replenish my supply and they are out of stock.

Has anyone tried the AD Starr Spinner Tattoo BP balls? They have 52/300 (blue & yellow) used by some big hitters in my local ASA league, and the 44 core (green & yellow) in the link below. They get good reviews and cost less than the Evil balls.

dunno

Can I get a comment on the following please:​

Worth 12" BP Platinum Dot Extreme Batting Practice Slowpitch Softballs​

FOR BOTH USSSA AND USA/ASA BATS

Was given a used dozen for free and Wish to use for SSUSA bat BP, but read someone said not recommended as they may ruin a senior bat?
Isn't ASA using 44/375 balls now?

Noticed they will bounce much higher if dropping them next to a regular 44/375 game ball .
Thx

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
They are worths version of a bp ball similar to the evil, tattoo bp ball. I don't see why they would be any worse on ssusa bats vs utrip, asa bats. Most if not all seniors tourney's/leagues use 44's.
And no asa uses 52/300 which is why they seem to bounce more

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
The Evil BP rockets will be back in stock in 2 weeks. There is 13 years of track record on the Evil BP working well with senior bats. Platinum dots are a hard ball. No one actually knows the c0r and compression on them but they are known bat breakers. Yes you can say Im biased but I dont create the truth I just tell it.

Last edited:
I've been using the grn/yellow Tattoo Spiners in warm weather and the blu/yel softer Spinners in fall and winter. I like them cause they're WATERPROOF. If you hit on wet grass no worries. Also, keep them in the house during winter. Any really cold ball can b a bat breaker.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
The Evil Bp balls are all we use and they are very easy on bats. I can tell because our bat breakage in camps in almost 0 and I compression check my senior bats, and find they break in much more slowly with these balls due to the higher cor...We use the 2 color bp rockets and some bp 52 cor...excellent ball for bp, nice performance and have the spin read which is very helpful...nice product.