Best fat burner?

Dysfunctional

Don't be hatin'
Seriously, just for one month: cut out the beer, sodas, cheeseburgers and all the stuff you KNOW is just plain junk.

That along with regular exercise you will see amazing results!

All it takes is some will power ;)

I bought my wife a kettlebell kit the other day and for just because I tried it. I can tell you from my own experience that it is not easy and any time you work out your legs and core like these people you are going to burn tons of calories. I am in very good shape and barely made it through the half hour DVD. thirty five bucks for a DVD or 55 dollars for thirty pills that aren't going to work you do the math.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
A clean diet and some form of cardio is the only true way to burn fat. Drink more water and try find ways to occupy yourself to keep away from eating. Ever since Ephedra was pulled from fat burners none have really been worth the money. That said I could really go for a couple quarter pounders with cheese.

dafox

Fox in Socks
if you can, all/any type of cardio when you first wake up. best fat burner.

Could have sworn where I saw some studies showing that "fasted cardio" is not that much better.

I've never been a fan of it. I'm too hungry when I wake up!!! :D

Last edited:

dafox

Fox in Socks
FALSE HOPES FOR FASTED CARDIO

The bandwagon is lead by blind horses

Many trainees pigeonhole weight training as an activity exclusively for building muscle, and cardio exclusively for burning fat. On the contrary, weight training can yield very similar results to cardio of similar intensity when 24-hr energy expenditure and macronutrient oxidation is measured [14]. The obvious advantage of weight training is the higher potential for lean mass and strength gains. In the bodybuilding context, cardio should be viewed as merely an adjunctive training mode to further energy expenditure and cross-complement the adaptations specific to weight training. As far as cardio being absolutely necessary for cardiovascular health, well, that depends upon the overall volume and magnitude of your weight training - another topic for another time.

Chaos theory strikes again

On the surface, it seems logical to separate carbs from cardio if you want a maximal degree of fat oxidation to occur during training. But, there’s the underlying mistake - focusing on stored fuel usage during training instead of focusing on optimally partitioning exogenous fuel for maximal lipolytic effect around the clock. Put another way, it’s a better objective to coincide your carb intake with your day’s thermic peaks, where insulin sensitivity & lean tissue reception to carbs is highest. For some reason, this logic is not easily accepted, nor understood. As we know, human physiology doesn’t always cooperate with logic or popular opinion, so let’s scrutinize the science behind the claims.

LET THE RESEARCH SPEAK

Carbohydrate ingestion during low-intensity exercise reduces fat oxidation

As far as 3 decades back, Ahlborg’s team observed that carb ingestion during low-intensity exercise (25-45% VO2 max) reduced fat oxidation compared to fasted levels [15]. More recently, De Glisezinski’s team observed similar results in trained men at 50% VO2 max [16]. Efforts to determine the mechanism behind this phenomenon have been made. Coyle’s team observed that at 50% VO2 max, carbohydrate availability can directly regulate fat oxidation by coordinating hyperinsulinemia to inhibit long-chain fatty acid transport into mitochondria [17].

Carbohydrate’s effect on fat oxidation during moderate-intensity exercise depends on conditioning level

Civitarese’s team found glucose ingestion during exercise to blunt lipolysis via decreasing the gene expression involved in fat oxidation in untrained men [18]. Wallis’ team saw suppressed fat oxidation in moderately trained men & women when glucose was ingested during exercise [19].

In contrast to the above trials on beginning and intermediate trainees, Coyle’s team repeatedly showed that carb ingestion during moderate-intensity (65-75% VO2 max) does not reduce fat oxidation during the first 120 min of exercise in trained men [20,21]. Interestingly, the intensity margin proximal to where fat oxidation is highest was unaffected by carb ingestion, and remained so for the first 2 hours of exercise.

Horowitz’ team examined the effect of a during-training solution of high-glycemic carbs on moderately trained men undergoing either low intensity exercise (25% VO2 max) or high-moderate intensity (68% VO2 max) [22]. Similar results to Coyle’s work were seen. Subjects completed a 2-hr cycling bout, and ingested the carb solution at 30, 60, and 90 minutes in. In the low-intensity treatment, fat oxidation was not reduced below fasted-state control group’s levels until 80-90 min of exercise. In the 68% group, no difference in fat oxidation was seen whether subjects were fasted or fed throughout the trial.

Further supporting the evidence in favor of fed cardio in trained men, Febbraio’s team investigated the effects of carb ingestion pre & during training in easily one of the best-designed trials on this topic [23]. Subjects exercised for 2 hrs at an intensity level of 63% VO2 max, which is now known as the point of maximal fat oxidation during exercise [1]. Result? Pre & during-training carbs increased performance - and there was no difference in total fat oxidation between the fasted and fed subjects. Despite the elevated insulin levels in the carb-fueled groups, there was no difference in fat availability or fat utilization.

Summing up the research findings

• At low intensities (25-50% VO2 max), carbs during exercise reduce fat oxidation compared to fasted trainees.
• At moderate intensities (63-68% VO2 max) carbs during exercise may reduce fat oxidation in untrained subjects, but do not reduce fat oxidation in trained subjects for at least the first 80-120 minutes of exercise.
• Carbohydrate during exercise spares liver glycogen, which is among the most critical factors for anticatabolism during hypocaloric & other conditions of metabolic stress. This protective hepatic effect is absent in fasted cardio.
• At the established intensity level of peak fat oxidation (~63% VO2 max), carbohydrate increases performance without any suppression of fat oxidation in trained subjects.

Last edited:

Mike Bradley

Addicted to Softballfans
cliff notes dude? are you saying what i said is complete bs? or agreeing? or both?i wasn't saying fasted cardio was the way to go, but from numerous things i have read and been told, if you get up and do cardio when you wake up, your body will burn off fat becasue there is nothing else in it to burn (as opposed to doing cardio after work will mainly burn what you ate for the day). not a complete science, but it is a way to help.

Dysfunctional

Don't be hatin'
From a logistics standpoint, first thing in the morning workout is best IMO. As the day goes on, things will happen and the excuse train builds steam... just sayin'

dafox

Fox in Socks
cliff notes dude? are you saying what i said is complete bs? or agreeing? or both?i wasn't saying fasted cardio was the way to go, but from numerous things i have read and been told, if you get up and do cardio when you wake up, your body will burn off fat becasue there is nothing else in it to burn (as opposed to doing cardio after work will mainly burn what you ate for the day). not a complete science, but it is a way to help.

At low intensity than you may be correct.(25-45% VO2 max)

But at moderate(65-75% VO2 max) and optimal (63% VO2 max) intensity than---

there was no difference in fat burning with fasted vs fed --Plus carbs IMPROVED performance

Subjects exercised for 2 hrs at an intensity level of 63% VO2 max, which is now known as the point of maximal fat oxidation during exercise [1]. Result? Pre & during-training carbs increased performance - and there was no difference in total fat oxidation between the fasted and fed subjects. Despite the elevated insulin levels in the carb-fueled groups, there was no difference in fat availability or fat utilization.

IMO ---It's not worth it. Just do cardio whenever it is convenient. If you enjoy getting up and going directly to the Gym, Great. But, if you think it's giving you some big advantage than you're more than likely wrong.

Last edited:

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
I take Oxy Elite. I just use them for energy and a little boost. I do agree if you hit the road and do some runs you will get rid of a lot of weight for sure.

junior69

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm 5'11 220 lbs. Strong but soft around middle. Workout regularly, mainly focusing on free weights. Eat bad and drink beer, I know that's the problem but o well. Any suggestions on a fat burner? I'm pretty active, play 3 times a week and in gym 4-5 times/wk. Thanks for any help....

hey bro as gay as it sounds there is a few people at my work that are taking this pill called African Mango i guess it is a really good fat burner its kinda spendy but they told me Dr Oz swears by it

Mike Bradley

Addicted to Softballfans
At low intensity than you may be correct.(25-45% VO2 max)

But at moderate(65-75% VO2 max) and optimal (63% VO2 max) intensity than---

there was no difference in fat burning with fasted vs fed --Plus carbs IMPROVED performance

Subjects exercised for 2 hrs at an intensity level of 63% VO2 max, which is now known as the point of maximal fat oxidation during exercise [1]. Result? Pre & during-training carbs increased performance - and there was no difference in total fat oxidation between the fasted and fed subjects. Despite the elevated insulin levels in the carb-fueled groups, there was no difference in fat availability or fat utilization.

IMO ---It's not worth it. Just do cardio whenever it is convenient. If you enjoy getting up and going directly to the Gym, Great. But, if you think it's giving you some big advantage than you're more than likely wrong.

ok, i see what you are saying. i guess the bottom line is you just have to get moving to get that metobolism going...