Best Legal Modified Pitchers (10 Man Style)

kenm1970

I thought this might be an interesting thread to start up.

Who are the best legal modified pitchers still playing the game today (10 man style - No slingers)?

Thought Starters:
ASA 2010 All American Pitchers: Jim Moats, Ray Randall, David Kwaiser
ASA 2009 All American Pitchers: Ken Menale, Ray Randall, Mike Seibel
ASA 2008 All American Pitchers: Chris McCauliffe, Ken Menale, Jim Moats
ASA 2007 All American Pitchers: Todd Albrecht, Ray Randall, Bobby Greene
ASA 2006 All American Pitchers: Dean Martin, Todd Albrecht, Ken Menale

The national championship is on the line, who do you want on the mound?

This a tuff question to answer because Thomas as great as he was had Mikos to help him out along with a few other paid players. Thomas never played 10man style type pitching tournaments so I would have to say for 9 man he was one of the best ever. 10 man legal though I would have to say between Albrecht, Moats and Menale they would have to be in your top 5. The All Americans speak for themselves..... Who has more then these guys ? Menale has 6 Moats has 5 and Albrecht has 5 I think ??? They are all very tough and I would want any of them on the mound.

kenm1970

Those are all good names and to have one of those guys on the mound for you would give you a chance..... These guys are all tough Menale has 6 All Americans Moats has 5 and Albrecht has 4 or 5 I am sure. Anyone of these guys can help you win for sure. That is a good question so I guess we will find out in Minn this year who will be the top pitcher. I am sure it will be fun to watch them all in the end though they all need a good cast of players around them to win.

NYSoftball20

Addicted to Softballfans
This a tuff question to answer because Thomas as great as he was had Mikos to help him out along with a few other paid players. Thomas never played 10man style type pitching tournaments so I would have to say for 9 man he was one of the best ever. 10 man legal though I would have to say between Albrecht, Moats and Menale they would have to be in your top 5. The All Americans speak for themselves..... Who has more then these guys ? Menale has 6 Moats has 5 and Albrecht has 5 I think ??? They are all very tough and I would want any of them on the mound.

I love when people just throw nonsense out as fact. Mikos and Thomas only attended 1 ASA National together and NOBODY including Mikos and Thomas were paid players on that L&P team. Gary retired after the 2004 season and it wasn't until 2005 that we were playing for a big sponsor. I agree that Gary was never a 10 man pitcher.

I played against Gary in a 10 man tourney in Parsippany back in - '96 maybe ?

He always went 9 on the big stage, but he did play some very limited 10 man with friends.

kodiak17

Addicted to Softballfans
i love when people just throw nonsense out as fact. Mikos and thomas only attended 1 asa national together and nobody including mikos and thomas were paid players on that l&p team. Gary retired after the 2004 season and it wasn't until 2005 that we were playing for a big sponsor. I agree that gary was never a 10 man pitcher.

watch what you say