Best Legal Modified Pitchers (10 Man Style)

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought this might be an interesting thread to start up.

Who are the best legal modified pitchers still playing the game today (10 man style - No slingers)?

Thought Starters:
ASA 2010 All American Pitchers: Jim Moats, Ray Randall, David Kwaiser
ASA 2009 All American Pitchers: Ken Menale, Ray Randall, Mike Seibel
ASA 2008 All American Pitchers: Chris McCauliffe, Ken Menale, Jim Moats
ASA 2007 All American Pitchers: Todd Albrecht, Ray Randall, Bobby Greene
ASA 2006 All American Pitchers: Dean Martin, Todd Albrecht, Ken Menale

The national championship is on the line, who do you want on the mound?

gofisch

This is sooo arbitrary. There are 100's of pitchers that are never seen at the so called "National tourneys." There are 100's of leagues that aren't ASA also. So with that said I vote for

ME. LOL

wobbyy23

blar13 i agree with u patty mac is pretty sick....pitched with us in tourney this year.....just plain sick

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
well fish if there are so many leagues and so many pitchers why not put there skills on the big stage, next year we will find out as we are going to minny, to play in the 10 man nats. why not put your talents on at the biggest stage possible then all could see , who really is the best and yes pat mac knuckle is nasssssssssty

gofisch

well fish if there are so many leagues and so many pitchers why not put there skills on the big stage, next year we will find out as we are going to minny, to play in the 10 man nats. why not put your talents on at the biggest stage possible then all could see , who really is the best and yes pat mac knuckle is nasssssssssty

Because honestly, it just cost too much money nowadays and not enough guys that WANT to go.

Just getting a team there, plane fare alone is $3000 from my area to MI. You understand what I'm saying without pricing it all out. LOL

Last edited:

gofisch

That's why he said WANT.

Exactly, if I could get 12 guys committed I would try and go to all of these. I grew up going to tourney's, usually local ones that were a days drive. Which was easy to do. But there are very few local tourney's around here and I can't even get guys to commit to the few that are close let alone a plane trip.:(

unclemo44

Doesnt use Altered Bats
Moats is an old goat from my home but he can still throw...i remember him throwing modified in the fp league years ago and getting people out.....and kenny menale is the old vet control guy/bp pitcher...hehe

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
Is Ray making you do this Chad?
No. Ray doesn't even own a computer. LOL. Just curious what other active modified guys are out there that we haven't seen at the 4th of July or at Nationals. I have heard from multiple sources that Patty Mac and Wiley are two of the better active pitchers in the country. I also heard that Wiley's team is planning on coming to the 4th and to nationals.

BLAR13

Addicted to Softballfans
We picked Wiley up for Memorial Day in New York a few years ago. His motion is legit 10 Man. Solid pitcher good speed and has movement. And he got real drunk and bought our table dinner and drinks.

I am going to start recruiting for the 4th of July right after the New Year. I already had a few board bros ask about it. I would like to do 4 MI teams and 6 out of state teams. Right now preliminary talks it looks like 2 WI teams and 1 PA team for sure and possibly a second PA team. Wiley's team and I would like to get a New York team back. Black Indians or Fort Apache.

patdapitcher

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey Chris i've thought of him too(Ron Burns), but i don't think he qualifies he is more sling than 10-man. But even that, he's won multiple national titles and even a world title in which he was the MVP. He is the best I've ever seen.

BLAR13

Addicted to Softballfans
No. Ray doesn't even own a computer. LOL. Just curious what other active modified guys are out there that we haven't seen at the 4th of July or at Nationals. I have heard from multiple sources that Patty Mac and Wiley are two of the better active pitchers in the country. I also heard that Wiley's team is planning on coming to the 4th and to nationals.

No but Shelia does and I hear she even reads Ray the big words. LOL

n8ss03

Moats is an old goat from my home but he can still throw...i remember him throwing modified in the fp league years ago and getting people out.....and kenny menale is the old vet control guy/bp pitcher...hehe

Mo is Moats from the meadville area? My dad used to play ball with a moats when I was a kid. that name looks so familiar.

stallion45

Addicted to Softballfans
Al white. I dont care if he is 80 he can go out there now with tennis shoes on and get hitters out. That guy was incredible. His ball danced around more than a stripper at scores.

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
Al white. I dont care if he is 80 he can go out there now with tennis shoes on and get hitters out. That guy was incredible. His ball danced around more than a stripper at scores.
I definitely agree. He threw his fastball and knuckleball at the same speed. He made guys look silly. He is being inducted into the 2011 ASA hall of fame. Its hard to deny that he was one of the best to ever don the spikes or in this case sneakers.

Duriisimo

Aguilucho
This is sooo arbitrary. There are 100's of pitchers that are never seen at the so called "National tourneys." There are 100's of leagues that aren't ASA also. So with that said I vote for

I agree, here in FL there are several GREAT pitchers!

BLAR13

Addicted to Softballfans
So why not play last year in Nationals when they were in the south? One team from FL showed up and went 2 and Que they were from Tampa.

Jubb16

Addicted to Softballfans
Wiley is a solid, smart pitcher. He has many pitches and will give you quality innings. Plus he makes it fun with his personality.