Best Slowpitch Gloves

jdawg760

First time posting, former college player trading out the baseball for a softball. Wondering what the best glove models/sizes/webs are for IF/utility play. I’m a former 3B and outfielder who is used to using a PRO200 and and 1799 in the outfield. I have rather large hands and am looking to see what the “it” glove is right now, I have seen talk about 1781’s, RV23 etc. What are your opinions?

Committed

Welcome to the board!

The 1799 is a perfect glove to start with. If you want to go up in size from there, Wilson makes Slowpitch specific patterns in 13, 13.5 and now 14”.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
If you're used to a 1799 and have big hands, just stick with it. Anything bigger will feel ungainly to a former baseball player.

If you find it a little too big for the infield, look into a 1781. Plays wide and has a large 1799-esque handstall.

Party mafia

Wilson sp125 would be a perfect if glove. Rawlings pro 208 or their pro 504 both are 12.5. I m sure some members have 3 of those models f/s.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
You could seriously use the 1799 all over the place playing slow pitch. It is not like a 12" softball will get lost in the glove the way a baseball might. That being said, a Pro207 or Pro208 would work in the infield, as would a Wilson 1781 or SP125. In the Rawlings world, the basket, dual-hinge, and H-web are the widest and most softball-friendly options. If you are recently away from playing college baseball, I cannot imagine you'd definitely want to go larger than a 1799, even for the outfield. But Wilson has you covered if you want to go larger.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I used an 11.75 Rawlings PROS-ICB2T for the first 15 years and the last 5 I've been using a 13.5 Louisville Slugger Super Z. The bigger glove gives you a better margin for error. I used to dive like a soccer goalie in my 20s and 30s but with the bigger glove I feel I get to more balls without having to dive now that I turned 40. TBH I think I would have had a better fielding percentage if I had started with a big glove.

MAT25MAT

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish worth would make their liberty advanced again! The legit line is terrible in comparison!!!

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish worth would make their liberty advanced again! The legit line is terrible in comparison!!!
The original liberty advance line was much better than the current LA line. They are still decent softball gloves if you are trying not to spend more than $150 but they will be floppy before the end of a season.

ShortYellowBus

I thought this was a smaller glove being a fast pitch and the description says for the hand size for a female athlete
A rep randomly sent me a custom Rawlings Liberty Advance 13.5” model and I can confirm, they’re very adjustable for huge and small hands.

They’re big gloves. And better quality than I expected.