best slowpitch training aid??

jimjones

Banned User
ok lets hear it, whats the best training aid out there that you guys use?? i know bp and practice is the best but what do you use to help you in the offseason

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
Never ever ever underestimates dry swings. The ultimate barometer to your bat speed, and most importantly, which parts of your mechanics need fine tuning. Plus all you need is a damn bat, can't go wrong.

I'm also what should be like 9 weeks in with Macenko drills (lost 2-3 weeks due to flu) and they are no bull**** legit as well.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh and lift weights, cut some weight, get on a better diet and cut down on beer (within reason).

But that's only for the ambitious or losers who have the time (not me, no way.....)

dremersvision

Addicted to Softballfans
This offseason i have been going total ham.I became a member at a gym that offers everything in one place.

Monday
Weight lifting,basketball, agility(Rubber bands between legs),running
Tuesday
Batting cages
Wednesday
Weight lifting,basketball,agility(have rubber ball the size of softball but its not round. When you throw at wall you will not know what kind of bounce it will take.),running
Thursday
Batting cages
Friday
Weight lifting, agility( different ball to throw at wall to mimic pop ups etc.)

So far all of these things have been working wonders. I am much faster, stamina is getting better, stronger and i am trying to pinpoint what i am doing wrong when i am hitting. learning where to stand in the batters box so that i can shoot to a certain place on the field.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
This offseason i have been going total ham.I became a member at a gym that offers everything in one place.

Monday
Weight lifting,basketball, agility(Rubber bands between legs),running
Tuesday
Batting cages
Wednesday
Weight lifting,basketball,agility(have rubber ball the size of softball but its not round. When you throw at wall you will not know what kind of bounce it will take.),running
Thursday
Batting cages
Friday
Weight lifting, agility( different ball to throw at wall to mimic pop ups etc.)

So far all of these things have been working wonders. I am much faster, stamina is getting better, stronger and i am trying to pinpoint what i am doing wrong when i am hitting. learning where to stand in the batters box so that i can shoot to a certain place on the field.

Lmao I'm willing to bet you still suck.

dremersvision

Addicted to Softballfans
Lmao I'm willing to bet you still suck.

In what basketball? Softball? weight lifting? running?

I am going to assume that you are talking about softball? I am working out to be in better shape, not to become a super star at softball. I posted the work out that i am doing in relation to softball but my work outs are not only for softball. No matter what i do in my lifetime i do not go half ass. I do it and i put my all into it and for that reason i hardly ever lose.

I did not mention that i am working out so that i can be in better shape when i ride mountain bikes,motorcycles, snowboarding.

How many other sports are you involved in outside of softball?

nate d.'8to5

Addicted to Softballfans
i want dremersvision on my team, guys who can cover a good amount of ground in the outfield are hard to find. hitters/catchers are a dime a dozen and usually require runners when on base. so really can only use three guys like that per team, pitch, first base, and catch. Other than that it becomes a liability

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans

I am going to assume that you are talking about softball? I am working out to be in better shape, not to become a super star at softball. I posted the work out that i am doing in relation to softball but my work outs are not only for softball. No matter what i do in my lifetime i do not go half ass. I do it and i put my all into it and for that reason i hardly ever lose.

I did not mention that i am working out so that i can be in better shape when i ride mountain bikes,motorcycles, snowboarding.

I lift for softball, primarily, but racquetball and cycling are because I enjoy them and they actually tax my body in ways softball never will.

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
I get hammered on weekends and go around to bars starting fights. It might not sound like much but as long as you don't get arrested it is one heck of a workout!

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD

Ping pong basketball football wake boarding deep sea fishing Texas Holdem and hogging to name a few oh yeah I ski and snow board as well does that make me awesome too lol

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD

What have you won?

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
i want dremersvision on my team, guys who can cover a good amount of ground in the outfield are hard to find. hitters/catchers are a dime a dozen and usually require runners when on base. so really can only use three guys like that per team, pitch, first base, and catch. Other than that it becomes a liability

I would be willing to bet he is a poser, out of shape and not good at anything. He's trying way too hard plus he seems to be training harder than Dan and Dave. I bet he's a fatty and loses at everything.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
But if you play ten other sports to make yourself more agile you'll be able to ride your motorcycle better, yup sounds about right.